Cranky and irritable

Ronni.p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone else get cranky and irritable when losing weight? Generally I seem to have adapted pretty well to my new diet / lifestyle however some times I get so cranky I want to explode. I'm very conscious of it as I don't want to hurt anyone and I know how hurtful words spoken in anger can be. It's just driving me insane. Once I would have just had a couple of glasses of wine and comfort food which would relax me but now that's not an option. :arghh:

Please tell me it gets easier! :shy:

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try LCHF instead of low cal diet. Lack of fat in your diet makes you grumpy. If you lower carbs then you need to compensate by eating a bit more fat e.g butter, cheese, yoghurt, avacodos, nuts.

Reactions: Ronni.p

Ronni.p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try LCHF instead of low cal diet. Lack of fat in your diet makes you grumpy. If you lower carbs then you need to compensate by eating a bit more fat e.g butter, cheese, yoghurt, avacodos, nuts.
I eat almonds every day but I use skim milk in my coffees, perhaps I should try full cream milk. I have avocado about every second day. Would love to add cheese to my diet. I am just so afraid the fats will make me put weight on when finally I'm having some success losing weight.

Now that I think about it, I had a full fat coffee on the weekend and I stayed full for a long time.

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat almonds every day but I use skim milk in my coffees, perhaps I should try full cream milk. I have avocado about every second day. Would love to add cheese to my diet. I am just so afraid the fats will make me put weight on when finally I'm having some success losing weight.

Now that I think about it, I had a full fat coffee on the weekend and I stayed full for a long time.
I would add a small amount of cheese at first and see how you go with that. I didn't find I put on weight with extra fat but some people say they do. I reckon if you always ate low fat products before then you can probably change to full fat and see what happens.

I did an experiment a while back. It's not a long term solution but I wanted to see what happened when I took my dietary fat levels to an extreme.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/my-5-day-dairy-fat-fast.81433/

For me cutting carbs is the most important factor for weight loss.