**** Day

DaveThompson

Looks like I am about to be dismissed from my job. Basically I wrote a report that wasn't up.to standard and the employer will not accept that my T2D had an effect. I wasn't diagnosed when it happened but my first results just after showed me to be almost off the scale. They have a report based on my phone conversation with a non medically trained member of the OH team. No exam by a doc except my own and they refused to accept my Internet based evidence. Seriously fed up etc. Untreated diabetes affects everything doesn't it ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
On the basis of one report they are threatening you with dismissal? What about prior work, that has been fine?

I've got to be honest, I'm slightly confused about all this. Yes, excessive thirst and tiredness can be a major problem but are you saying your concentration was affected? Many have type 2 undiagnosed and with very high levels but I'm not sure it can always be blamed for poor work performance.

But then again, your situation isn't completely clear so I'm not sure.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like I am about to be dismissed from my job. Basically I wrote a report that wasn't up.to standard and the employer will not accept that my T2D had an effect. I wasn't diagnosed when it happened but my first results just after showed me to be almost off the scale. They have a report based on my phone conversation with a non medically trained member of the OH team. No exam by a doc except my own and they refused to accept my Internet based evidence. Seriously fed up etc. Untreated diabetes affects everything doesn't it ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Did the sub-standard report you wrote cost your employer time, or embarrassment with a third party/customer/client, or did it cause any sort of health and safety issues?

The conversation with the person in OH; what was all that about? Was it a telephone interview, or were you filling in some sort of form remotely, or what was it all about? Do you have a copy of the resulting rereport from OH? If so, what does it say?

What internet based evidence did you try to present? Did they refuse to look at it, or do they refuse to accept it to be correct? What was the reasoning behind their refusal?

Where have things been left now? What is your status right now? What do you have in writing of all of this?

Even were you to be dismissed, you have a right of appeal, which must be heard by someone unrelated to the original decision. The person would likely still work for the company, but would be the same person or people.

Have you spoke to your GP about all of this? What were his/her comments?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but they do matter.

Reactions: 2 people