Creative Breakfasts.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
5 x Costco Koftas and 3 Pilchards, dressed in our homemade Tomato Sauce. Filled me up. Next time 3 Koftas and 1 pilchard.

What’s yours? Your creative Brekkie?

angustia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
These days, I'm not really having a real breakfast. Just nibbling/grazing on cheese with coffee (and snacking on a few raw almonds) until lunch time.

I've always had a very hearty appetite - used to big portions - so, I'm trying to train/shrink my stomach to be content with so much less.

But here's a breakfast I've had:

* Sauteed onions and tomatoes, mixed with scrambled eggs (and Brunswick sardines in lemon oil on the side). It will instead be included as a lunch item. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Anniya84

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5 x Costco Koftas and 3 Pilchards, dressed in our homemade Tomato Sauce. Filled me up. Next time 3 Koftas and 1 pilchard.

What’s yours? Your creative Brekkie?
My breakfast was a cup of tea this morning, but the literal breaking of the fast I did with a chunk of Ikea salmon with 3 eggs, dill, pepper, salt and mayo.... Not quite creative I guess, but ooooh, it hits the spot. :)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
These days, I'm not really having a real breakfast.
Ah, right. Maybe I should try your relocation of brek to a Brunch. Nibble then Brunch.

You’ve got a similar “early-palate” as I.

Reactions: angustia

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
My breakfast was a cup of tea this morning, but the literal breaking of the fast I did with a chunk of Ikea salmon with 3 eggs, dill, pepper, salt and mayo.... Not quite creative I guess, but ooooh, it hits the spot. :)

Ikea salmon?.... do you have to assemble it yourself? o_O

Well, I do like salmon.

For me it's...

Cheese omelette with a chocolate peanut butter almond drink with some beef collagen added. And coffee, I'll die without the coffee.

Or bacon and eggs, small cheese omelette, same almond drink and coffee.

None of this takes very long to make.

D

Deleted member 308541

My creativity is limited to a three egg cheese and mushroom omelette with bacon, tomatoes and a reheated spudlite to get my day up and away.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A baked avacado is a nice change. Half avacado, scoop out a little and add an egg. Sprinkle with s topping of choice (bacon/cheese/ nothing). Bit of spinich on the side.

Also, eggs and soldiers is good. But with soft boil eggs, lightly steamed asparagus. Break the top of the egg, add a small cube of butter (or not if you also going lower fat), little squeeze of lemon and a few flakes of salt. Dip in the asparagus and it's like holendaise sauce. Very nice.

Reactions: angustia

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ikea salmon?.... do you have to assemble it yourself? o_O

Well, I do like salmon.

For me it's...

Cheese omelette with a chocolate peanut butter almond drink with some beef collagen added. And coffee, I'll die without the coffee.

Or bacon and eggs, small cheese omelette, same almond drink and coffee.

None of this takes very long to make.
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/sjoerapport-salmon-fillet-asc-certified-frozen-60360037/ No assembly required. (Though thawing helps. ;) ). Seriously, they're pretty big, tasty chunks for a better price than my supermarket and local fish shop offer... And with an Ikea about 15 minute's drive from here, stocking up isn't that much of a heartache. :) For a moment I thought you tossed the chocolate peanut butter almond drink with beef collagen into the omelet. Guess I'm not quite awake yet! :)