Crestor or other statins

dong0120

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, my doctor put me into 10mg of crestor nearly 6 years now. since early last year, i felt something was not right in me, i easily get tired, muscle pain, leg cramps .... one day i was talking to a diabetes educator/ dietitian and refered to her my current situation and she asked me to stop crestor, according to her that's the culprit of it all. and she also said that crestor will make my blood glucose level increase.

any comment or ideas are welcome.

Reactions: Ponchu

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
If there's one issue that causes debate almost more than any other matter, it's statins. Rather than open yet another thread on this, I would strongly recommend you do a search on the topic (top right corner of the page) and start reading ... you have a lot to digest. Good luck and FWIW, the dietician is no idiot.

Reactions: 5 people

dong0120

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If there's one issue that causes debate almost more than any other matter, it's statins. Rather than open yet another thread on this, I would strongly recommend you do a search on the topic (top right corner of the page) and start reading ... you have a lot to digest. Good luck and FWIW, the dietician is no idiot.
Thanks, appreciate it much!

Ponchu

Hi, my doctor put me into 10mg of crestor nearly 6 years now. since early last year, i felt something was not right in me, i easily get tired, muscle pain, leg cramps .... one day i was talking to a diabetes educator/ dietitian and refered to her my current situation and she asked me to stop crestor, according to her that's the culprit of it all. and she also said that crestor will make my blood glucose level increase.

any comment or ideas are welcome.

I prefer discussion.

Any update on your condition?