crowdfunding to help our oceans and human health

seadragon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My health is so much improved after finding this forum and following the low carb high fat lifestyle and I gained so much energy and zest for life I decided I wanted to give something back. So this summer I am joining an expedition on a research sailing yacht to measure plastic pollution in our oceans, trawling the entire British coastline over the course of a month. We will be sending samples to Plymouth University and to the University of Georgia where they will be analysing them to identify the sources, and types of plastic pollutants and the toxic chemicals they attract. The plastic in our environment breaks up in to ever smaller pieces which attracts toxics and then enters the food chain and eventually us and have been implicated in human health problems.

Anyone who would like to support this vital research and our outreach events in the ports we will visit around Britain in August and September this year can read about our crowdfunder here goo.gl/T53WtN

The participants have paid for their own passage and all the ships costs themselves so all the money raised will go towards awareness raising, science workshops, kids art from plastic waste, campaigns against disposable plastic and for the reintroduction of water fountains everywhere.

We have some great rewards in return for any pledges and even if you can't give anything we'd really appreciate people sharing the crowdfunder on social media and within their social networks so we can help our oceans and marine wildlife. Many thanks.

Apologies if this is not allowed on here - it is a charitable venture with huge implications for human health.

seadragon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are about a hundred charities I would like immediately supported. Should I put all these worthy charities on this diabetes forum?
I don't know. I happen to be going on this expedition personally as a volunteer and will be doing the trawling for plastics and the outreach work. The fact that I am able to do this because my health is good now is partly due to the good work of the forum and their support for low carb high fat. If people would like to support this which has a huge impact on human health they can. If not they can ignore it. I will also be spreading the word about diabetes being reversible during the trip as part of the all encompassing human health aspect.

seadragon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a general chat part of the forum - if anyone wants to chat about charities they support I'm all for it so everyone should feel free to weigh in on this thread with your favourite charity if you personally are doing something for it. It's not doing any harm to anyone. Are you personally doing anything for a charity? If so why not post about it? I'm not talking about your friends, I mean you or anyone else actually on this forum. I was also able to complete a 10k run for the Lymphoma association last year after my success in reversing diabetes. I think stories like that are inspiring and if people are interested they can follow the links - if not they can just be inspired by the fact people have improved their own health so much they are able to help others. Maybe we can have a whole charitable thread for people who are doing something for the good of others. Better than just having a go at the people who are.