Cystitis and eye infections

janhooks

My type 2 diabetes is well controlled with diet and exercise and yet I am constantly getting eye infections and cystitis. I have a very healthy vegetarian diet with no wheat/dairy produce and rarely eat processed food. Any one else suffer like this? Am sick of it!

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
janhooks said:
My type 2 diabetes is well controlled with diet and exercise and yet I am constantly getting eye infections and cystitis. I have a very healthy vegetarian diet with no wheat/dairy produce and rarely eat processed food. Any one else suffer like this? Am sick of it!

Oh dear, you have my sympathy :( - I've had cystitis many times. Was it something you suffered from before your T2 diagnosis?
Have you tried cranberry tablets? - you can get them in Holland and Barrett.

What sort of eye infections do you suffer from? - Blepharitis, Conjunctivitis?

Elle

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You say your diabetes is well controlled. What are your actual levels?
A non-diabetic has a fingerstick bg of about or below 5 nearly all the time and an Hb A1c around 4.6% or 27 in the new units. Those numbers are MUCH lower than Diabetes Uk recommend and to my mind should be the target of every diabetic. The recommended levels are up to close on double those figures. In fact the recommended levels are high enough for an untreated/ undiagnosed person
to be diagnosed with the condition.
Having said that your problem isn't necessarily diabetes related. Look up the NHS precautions for avoiding those 2 conditions and see if it works for you; then make an appointment with your GP
hana