Dapagliflozin

jode72

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

just after some feedback as my diabetic nurse wants me to start taking the above alongside my novorapid (20,20 & 24 Units), insulatard (28 units at night), metformin (1000mg twice daily) and Ramipril

has anyone used this before does it make you pee more coz if I have to get up anymore times in the night I am not sure I will remain sane !!! Are there any other common side effect and has it worked for anyone ???

Kind regards

Jo

Reactions: 2 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Jo - am not using this medication .
But will bump your post up .
Hope you get some replies that can help support you .

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on 10mg for 3 month in combination with metformin and sitagliptin, increased from 5mg which was bringing my levels down but just not quickly enough. I'm a big drinker anyway (between 2-3 litres fluid a day) and usually up once in the night for a pee around 3am. I do find if I have a higher carb meal I get thirsty and drink more, presumably the meds using the fluid to rid my body of the excess glucose. I've managed to avoid any UTI's or thrush so far (touch wood) and generally it seems to be suiting me, but I'll see what the DN says at my review on Wednesday

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was originally on 10mg but because I was having thrush, and going a lot to toilet I persuaded GP to reduce it to 5mg and the thrush has improved but I still need to wee a lot specially in night! I take the tablet mid day as found that helped.
Have lost weight since been on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jode72

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks all seems mostly positive will get the prescription tomorrow as the original one my nurse forgot to put my name on it !!!! Seem to be a little prone to thrush anyway when my sugars run high which is still most of the time ! fingers crossed it helps and I don't end up having to pee even more at night ! lol

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I am taking this tablet so i would say go for it seems to work for many ;)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi all

just after some feedback as my diabetic nurse wants me to start taking the above alongside my novorapid (20,20 & 24 Units), insulatard (28 units at night), metformin (1000mg twice daily) and Ramipril

has anyone used this before does it make you pee more coz if I have to get up anymore times in the night I am not sure I will remain sane !!! Are there any other common side effect and has it worked for anyone ???

Kind regards

Jo
Hi all

Kind regards

Jo
Hi, My GP prescribed Dapaglitflozin 5mg a day way back on 13th May, have only been on it 2 months. I have lost 7lbs in this time, but my HBA1C has dropped to 71 (in May it was 78).I do not make any additional trips to the bathroom - I just pass a lot more urine in volume. My GP explained that this drug can cause genital thrush/urinary tract infections, luckily I have neither - I take 38 Units of Humulin I insulin, plus 4 x 500mg Metformin, plus 10mg Ramipril, plus 4mg Doxazosin, plus 210mg Ferrous Fumarate (Aneamia) daily. I was at the Hospital Diabetic Clinic yesterday (go 3 monthly) and was told "ideally" my HBA1C should be 60!

allyv77

Hi, I am on Dapagliflozin and I do believe it made a real difference to my blood sugar levels. No infections down below,either.