Dark circles under the eyes! Really?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have dark circles around my eyes, literally would never had connected the two!
That being said, I had dark circles for a while before I was diagnosed so who knows

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It can be caused by prolonged lack of sleep, with a build up of toxins, I have them and a Rimmel cover up stick works wonder's :D

Last edited:

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have them, but I think it started before diabetes, so probably not related.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An article in the Telegraph today about the diplomatic Mr Junker’s comments about Mrs May referred to dark circles under the eyes as a classic T1 symptom! Is this something else to look forward to? T1 really is the gift that keeps on giving! Lol! Thoughts?
Over 50 years as a diabetic, no bags, no dark circles. TM has terrible eyes for her age but nothing to do with diabetes I'm sure.

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a lighter note, certain members of my community (Indian - Gujaratis) are known to have dark circles under their eyes. And this is generally put down to their love for fried and over cooked food ie. nutritionally depleted food. Us Gujaratis can almost always tell which community a person belongs to by checking out their eyes and failing that their dialect (which is distinct in every part of Gujarat state) is a certain give away! However with the generation growing up in this country you'd be lucky to guess even which part of India they originate from!

Last edited:

stayingalive

Running sugars high does all sorts of bad things - my osteoarthritis has got better since I improved control - so shadows under the eyes seems quite likely really. Of course it could just be guilt over all the people made homeless/destitute by universal credit.
I wonder if her CCG will fund freestyle libre for her? That would help a lot.

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Running sugars high does all sorts of bad things - my osteoarthritis has got better since I improved control - so shadows under the eyes seems quite likely really. Of course it could just be guilt over all the people made homeless/destitute by universal credit.
I wonder if her CCG will fund freestyle libre for her? That would help a lot.
No doubt she would have got a complimentary kit with no questions asked!

Bogusman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too numerous to mention
Teresa May has bags and lines under her eyes but I doubt it has anything to do with Diabetes, probably it's an age thing and running the country will be causing her sleepless nights, stress, etc. She certainly doesn't look well and should put her health first.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are photos of Mrs May back in 1999, thirteen years before she became diabetic. Even as a young woman she had dark circles and bags under her eyes.

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am starting to wonder if its not just sugar related with diabetes. Dark circles were always a sign of short on vitamins C A K. If we can not absorb the sugar maybe we are also not absorbing other nutrients. It would account for other symptoms related to diabetes like the poor healing.

Robbieswan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Look in the dictionary -ugly - you'll see a picture of me with my dark circles

Crystalwand

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I think grey hair makes you diabetic. I had grey hairs many years before I became diabetic. :(
And wrinkle, mine have got worse over the years is that down to T1, if so we'll the magic cream will be off the shopping list

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I'm just wondering what is the matter with dark shadows or circles under the eyes? They look fine. Maybe we've just inherited them?
At the time of her diagnosis, I remember the PM looking unwell - no surprise there. She carried on working.
Bags under the eyes tend to happen with age certainly.
However, as an aside, recently my GP told me, after a blood test, that I was 'overcompensated with thyroxine' for my hypothyroidism and that I needed to reduce my daily dose of levothyroxine. Since reducing my dose, I've noticed that the bags or slight swelling under my eyes has almost gone away. Just a thought. It's quite common for thyroid problems to be associated with diabetes. Weight loss as a result of changes in diet for diabetes might mean your GP wants to adjust your thyroxine medication.