Dating with T1

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have Indian genetics. I grew up in Australia. Type 1 got me.

I am sort of working on the basis that no man will ever want me but there you go.

leahkian

No Kind OF Susie we meet again there will be a man out there for you or even 3 or 4. Speaking from experience if a person does not want you because you are a diabetic than your best shot of them, you do no your personality does not change you are still the same person and even though i am a single parent of 2 i have had girlfreind's for over 2,3 and 10 years so they are out there and now of days with diabetes on the rise there will be people just like you thinking the same. You are young with time on your side enjoy being you and never change who you are for nobody.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
its
Yeah in India the most common type is T2. I am T2D from India and it is more prevalent in the southern region due to the food habits which contains loads of carbs . This was offtopic of your post but i can't really contribute anything towards the post as i myself am still confused on same . Anyways Hi welcome to the forum and stay healthy and happy ahead .People here will guide you definitely on the right way.
also a genetic issue.

hareshg06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Watch on my sugars.. gets annoying day by day.
I agree! That’s what I’ve been thinking if too. I’m from India, where are you from?
Hey Hi, Im Haresh from India. First, im happy you are getting your sugars well under control. Second, being diabetic should not be a factor for dating, coz relationship is all about sharing helping each other and being stronger every day. Just dont give up. And Type 1 is on increasing scale in India now, just that the culture and people still consider it as aFactor/illness, nobody says it out easily. I have been living with that for over a decade now and im on pump,but still struggling to get my Hba1c below 6'5. I have not had or seen a Indian teen post this bravely... Im happy you did that. I shall wait your response to share your DIET PLANS AND ETC. Thank you ;)

tvnerd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Hi, Im Haresh from India. First, im happy you are getting your sugars well under control. Second, being diabetic should not be a factor for dating, coz relationship is all about sharing helping each other and being stronger every day. Just dont give up. And Type 1 is on increasing scale in India now, just that the culture and people still consider it as aFactor/illness, nobody says it out easily. I have been living with that for over a decade now and im on pump,but still struggling to get my Hba1c below 6'5. I have not had or seen a Indian teen post this bravely... Im happy you did that. I shall wait your response to share your DIET PLANS AND ETC. Thank you ;)

Hi Haresh! That may be true but the incidence as a whole is quite less due to which the quality of healthcare and advice here is quite poor. I was diagnosed is New York and the care there was a million times better than what is offered here.

My diet plan is pretty simple. I eat the same number of carbs every meal- 30 for breakfast and lunch and 20 for dinner. I weigh out all my portions to be precise and to make carb counting easy. Have completely cut out Indian food from my diet (too many carbs for me). My usual meal is - 200 grams of salad, 150 grams of steamed veggies, 70 grams of lean protein and 25 grams of whole wheat multigrain bread. I find that this works for me and has helped me get fit and bring down my insulin requirements to the minimum!

hareshg06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Watch on my sugars.. gets annoying day by day.
Hi Haresh! That may be true but the incidence as a whole is quite less due to which the quality of healthcare and advice here is quite poor. I was diagnosed is New York and the care there was a million times better than what is offered here.

My diet plan is pretty simple. I eat the same number of carbs every meal- 30 for breakfast and lunch and 20 for dinner. I weigh out all my portions to be precise and to make carb counting easy. Have completely cut out Indian food from my diet (too many carbs for me). My usual meal is - 200 grams of salad, 150 grams of steamed veggies, 70 grams of lean protein and 25 grams of whole wheat multigrain bread. I find that this works for me and has helped me get fit and bring down my insulin requirements to the minimum!
Yes, you are right. I have changed my consultants and dietician a few times, everyone has this standard reply, which obviously doesn't work that way for every person. Hope they get better at it and the cost of these orphan drugs- insulin is pretty high.
Thanks for sharing your diet chart. I, too shall give up the Indian food slowly. Stay in touch and shall update my progress. ;)