David Mendosa of Mendosa.com has been diagnosed with an incurable cancer

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got this in my mailbox a few minutes ago... http://www.mendosa.com/diabetes_update_226.htm

David Mendosa of Mendosa.com has been diagnosed with an incurable cancer. The above link is to his last blog post.

I am greatly saddened. Immediately following my re-diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, I was in a panic. I had an A1c of 9.9% and I desperately needed to know what that meant. I knew it was bad. I needed to know how bad.

In my search, I stumbled upon this blog post by Mendosa - ( http://www.mendosa.com/lowcarb.htm ). For the first time in more than a decade of struggling with rising glucose levels, I had an answer: a non-pharmaceutical approach for managing diabetes.

I flew out of the house to buy the current edition of Bernstein's classic, Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution, and started reading. Then I bought a glucose meter and test strips. Then I began searching for a forum that supported the low carb diet, and found my way here where I found the guidance and support I needed as I started and continued on the diet.

David Mendosa changed the course of my life. I will be forever indebted to him.

If you pray, please include him in your prayers...

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
@ Winnie53 What a wonderful tribute - thank you on his behalf

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We learned this morning from David Mendosa's niece that he passed away peacefully this morning... He will be deeply missed...

It is finished

Journal entry by David Mendosa — 1 hour ago

I got a call at 1:30 this morning from the care center and they let me know Uncle David had passed. When I left yesterday he was peaceful and just sleeping. His breath was shallow and he was pain-free.

We have prayed and asked God for this to be a peaceful and pain-free ending. I am so grateful that it was just that.

Uncle David had told me he did not want a service of any kind. I will honor those wishes.

I would love to encourage all of you who have journeyed with him to think about donating right here to Caring Bridge in memory of him or to the TRU Hospice Care Center that took such good care of him. Their website is www.trucare.org. In the end, both of these companies have blessed us all beyond measure.

Thank you for your love and support.
God bless you all!!
Love,
Julie

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/...&utm_campaign=JEN+email&utm_content=visitsite

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Prayers for David Mendosa's family. ♡♥♡
He has left a lasting legacy @Winnie53 .

Thank you David.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sad news for his family, and for the diabetic community. Thanks for keeping us informed @Winnie53