DCUK emails

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
i dont want to appear ungrateful, as I use and appreciate the forum, but I'm getting fed up with finding DCUK emails cluttering up my inbox.
I've had the emails about the low carb program, even though I'd asked for my name to be removed. Now I've got one from the "Diabetes Shop". I didn't ask for them and I really don't want them.

Anyone else getting these?

AnnInDenmark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i dont want to appear ungrateful, as I use and appreciate the forum, but I'm getting fed up with finding DCUK emails cluttering up my inbox.
I've had the emails about the low carb program, even though I'd asked for my name to be removed. Now I've got one from the "Diabetes Shop". I didn't ask for them and I really don't want them.

Anyone else getting these?

Yes, but I have set up a filter to automatically redirect them to a folder of their own. That way I can look at them when and if I want to. You should be able to do that as well.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Back again. I have tried sending them straight to junk - they get through. I've asked admin - twice - to get the emails stopped. They are still coming Captain!!

I've asked for my details to be removed, I don't want anything from the shop, and I was not able to do the low carb program.

Please can someone make them stop?

edit by mod - adding @CaptainEarle and @CaptainWard to investigate

Last edited by a moderator:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for the links but I've already spoken to Captain Ward twice about this. Maybe third time lucky

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the links but I've already spoken to Captain Ward twice about this. Maybe third time lucky
Ladybird, I don't know if it would have any impact, but have you checked your Privacy Settings, on your Account:

upload_2017-3-2_10-58-55.png

Sorry the image is so big.

Reactions: Freema

AnnInDenmark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ladybird64 seems to be receiving emails that are not sent to all members.

There is also the possilibity of blocking the sender altogether.
How it is done depends on the email client, and it is often easier to find a tutorial on the net than on the client's help section.

Last edited:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
IMG_8446.PNG Unfortunately, they still keep coming, diverting to junk folder is no good, and I've double checked the privacy settings. This is today's offering from Louise. Hoping admin can come up with a solution.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How many are you getting a day? Not wishing to be nasty but is putting a click next to a mail and hitting the delete button really too much effort? I probably get 50-60 mails a day that I just delete without reading but sometimes there is one that is interesting. The forum is such a great place but has to be paid for somehow.. I don't begrudge diabetes.co.uk sending me the occasional ad for something if it helps keep this place running.
I know I would be lost without it.

D

Deleted member 308541

I have stopped receiving them since I marked them to be bounced back as spam.

They have been reported as spam to the ACMA here in Australia also.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Any bulk mailing should have an unsubscribe link by law, as I understand it.

I can't check if there is one as I delete all mine as a reflex action.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How many are you getting a day? Not wishing to be nasty but is putting a click next to a mail and hitting the delete button really too much effort? I probably get 50-60 mails a day that I just delete without reading but sometimes there is one that is interesting. The forum is such a great place but has to be paid for somehow.. I don't begrudge diabetes.co.uk sending me the occasional ad for something if it helps keep this place running.
I know I would be lost without it.

@bulkbiker, it's immaterial how many I'm getting, it's the fact that I've asked for them not to be sent to me. I've also been around here long enough to have gained help, and friends from DCUK - and have been a very vocal supporter of it. I've my own reasons why I don't want to see emails about diet at the moment, and when I've asked for them not to be sent, that should be respected.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
There should definitely be a "unsubscribe".....

D

Deleted member 308541

I hovered over the sender's name Diabetics.co.uk and it showed the email actually came from "communicatoremail.com", which might be a email advertising company or a service that handles mass emailings for Diabetics.co.uk.
That's the mob I have blacklisted as spam diabetesATcommunicatoremail.com I have substituted @ with AT.

As you say clicking on links in the emails are misleading, as are the ones from Louise re the LCHF diet.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is an unsubscribe option tucked away right at the bottom of the email - I had the same one yesterday (I basically ignore them)

It is only the word 'unsubscribe' tucked away in the blue box at the very bottom - it doesn't show as linked text but clicking on the word will take you to the unsubscribe option and tells you you have unsubscribed successfully. I've just done it so no idea whether it will actually work.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I had missed that "unsubscribe" lurking in plain font at the bottom, so hopefully now it's been clicked, it's sorted!

Ta again x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I had missed that "unsubscribe" lurking in plain font at the bottom, so hopefully now it's been clicked, it's sorted!

Ta again x

It would be good if you could let us know, after a short while, Ladybird.