Depo injection, super high blood sugar

emma8624

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I am type 2 and was diagnosed around 9 months ago. Since taking my medication my sugars have come right down and I have been able to manage my diabetes really well. At my last review the doctor told me my sugars were almost normal now. However, around 3 weeks ago I had the depo (contraceptive) injection. Since then my sugars have soared and I'm really suffering with exhaustion. My fasting sugars on a morning are between 21-27 and is getting higher and higher as the days go on. My sugars are now never below 13. . I've told my doctor but he doesn't seem concerned and just told me not to get the injection again. However it's in my system for 3 months and is affecting my day to day life as I'm so tired and feel sick all the time, I've even been vomiting after meals. Has anyone else had any experience of this or any suggestions on what I can do? My doctor just seems to dismiss everything, but surely those high readings are not good for a prolonged period? Plus I have a business to run and a very active 15 month old.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Perhaps you need to ask your GP for medication until the depo is out of your system and you can get your sugars down.