Dessert Ideas

A

Avocado Sevenfold

That sounds delicious. Enjoy. A long time ago I served a selection of trifles, mousses etc in little liquer glasses. I am going to look out the tray and glasses again. If it works out I can have glasses of the mousse, chocolate covered prunes & strawberries and plain berries so everyone can create their own dessert. Apparently the prunes can be soaked in tea flavoured with orange zest so that will make them moister. That will also be perfect for an August party when I can fresh pick the berries.
I want to come too!!

Reactions: covknit

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I just want to thank you all before I pass out in a stupor caused by too much food and drink coupled with not enough sleep. Everyone loved the Jamie Oliver choc pot. I did not add any sweetner or alcohol. All offers for such were refused so everyone just had extra thick cream with it and declared it perfect. The only tofu I could find in Tesco was in the Japanese section. It did not seem to be the right sort. Happily the nearby Korean shop had about 30 different sorts of tofu most of which were identified with mysterious hieroglyphs. I found one which had the characters silken on it. Just over 500g for £2.09. It blitzed up a treat with 2 x 100g lidl 74% choc. Very yum. It just about managed 6 ikea cocktail glasses. IMHO It was an ideal quantity for 4 glasses so I wished I had bulked it up with something but such is life. One thought it would be nice with rum and raisins and someone else cherries. I sent himself out for a couple of bananas but did not get round to using them. In hindsight maybe a dollop of whipped cream with an almond.

On return from his hunter gathering on the lottie hubby declared there should be enough rhubarb for my sticky rhubarb pudding by the weekend. Rhubarb is probably better after roast chicken than a main course of 5 different sorts of beans. I probably need to give beans a rest for the rest of the week. Must go for a walk.

Thank you for all the ideas. I shall use them all in the near future.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@covknit Sounds like it went really well! I love the idea of the chocolate pots with cherries - like a Black Forest gateau without the gateau :woot: