Dexcom g5 blood readings

tryfan2003

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
My daughter recently started using the dexcom g5 transmitter as was having lots of lows throughout the night.
Lately the accuracy of the g5 appears rather worrying. My daughter was at school earlier and felt dizzy on looking at her phone it said she was 5.4 but on checking her bg via finger pricking she was 2.9 I'm aware there is normal some small differences but this is surely too much? We have had a couple of issues like this over last couple of weeks.
For info she calibrates twice daily as instructed and only uses the sensor for 1 week before changing.
Anyone else had similar issues??

Andy

D

Deleted Account

I sometimes use the G4 and have found it is not always accurate despite bi-daily calibration.

Had she been exercising?
There is a delay between finger pricks and CGMs which I find is magnified when BGs are changing fast such as after exercise.

tryfan2003

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
No exercise this morning, although she is a very active child, gymnastics twice a week and swimming 4 days a week.

Heyrehair

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Our 2yr old is using the G5 and we get the same. I guess it's the difference between the blood and tissue levels.

Reactions: donnellysdogs