Dexing my libre - blucon nightrider

Zaara7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi... I m about buying blucon nightrider and would love to get some ideas from you guys.. I have few question like.. do the device can take reading with Glimp App witch I m using now for take reading from libre sensor.. cos the manufacture just keep saying that they will release an app witch can share the reading with 5 others but they didn't give any estimated date yet.. I actually want put mobile phone in my daughter school bag so while she is in school still we can track the sugar reading and if any necessary reason come up we can call class teacher and ask to take care of our little angle before too late.. here is my email.. [email protected]... please anything just let me know in this forum + my email ... thank you very much

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi... I m about buying blucon nightrider and would love to get some ideas from you guys.. I have few question like.. do the device can take reading with Glimp App witch I m using now for take reading from libre sensor.. cos the manufacture just keep saying that they will release an app witch can share the reading with 5 others but they didn't give any estimated date yet.. I actually want put mobile phone in my daughter school bag so while she is in school still we can track the sugar reading and if any necessary reason come up we can call class teacher and ask to take care of our little angle before too late.. here is my email.. [email protected]... please anything just let me know in this forum + my email ... thank you very much

Hi , Zaara, the app for blucon isn't very good, but blucon also works with a very good app called xDrip+ . Forget about glimp. It's pointless as you still have to scan to get a reading, whereas blucon and xDrip+ automatically scan every 5 minutes and send the results to the phone. I did a thread about it here - see posts 1 and 5 for details of how to get xDrip+ and how to set it up:
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...h-libre-blucon-and-xdrip.127195/#post-1614057

I've been using it for about 6 weeks now, it works very well, alerts can be set so the phone will ring if going too high or low.

It can also be set up to connect with a thing called Nightscout which will allow you to monitor levels from elsewhere. However, I've never needed to use that so can't help with how to set that up. But here's a link to their site with "how to" guides:
http://www.nightscout.info

zjed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy Doctors and Endos
I've been running xdrip for years with dex and I'm looking at libre options. How long does the blucon battery last? Is there any warning when the battery is running low? Does xdrip get a full 288 readings a day or does it have random misses?

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've been running xdrip for years with dex and I'm looking at libre options. How long does the blucon battery last? Is there any warning when the battery is running low? Does xdrip get a full 288 readings a day or does it have random misses?

Hi, zjed.

Battery seems to last about 2 to 3 weeks. But the battery is easily replaceable, it's just a CR2032 watch battery, got 6 of them for about £7 from John Lewis. The battery compartment cover isn't waterproof so it means it has to be taken off for showers but it's no big deal just taking it on and off with a plaster or armband. I don't need to restart it or anything like that, just put the transmitter back on top of the sensor and it'll pick up again on the next scheduled 5 min reading.

XDrip+ shows a low battery warning.

Apart from missing readings when it's been taken off for a shower, it'll occasionally miss a few readings, but there's an aggresive automatic reconnection which keeps on trying to re-establish the bluetooth connection. It generally manages to find it. Haven't kept track of it too much, but stats from yesterday shows 286 readings. In about 7 weeks of using it, I've only really noticed a couple of occasions where it's lost about ten minutes or so.

Reactions: zjed

zjed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy Doctors and Endos
Thanks Scott, I've put my order in, will be interesting to see how it runs with OpenAPS. That's a good number, I'm usually in the 270s with G5.
I presume you still get full 14 days from each sensor.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks Scott, I've put my order in, will be interesting to see how it runs with OpenAPS. That's a good number, I'm usually in the 270s with G5.
I presume you still get full 14 days from each sensor.

Yes, I actually get 14 days and 12 hours! The first time I used it and saw it continuing to read, I was hoping, yes, maybe it'll run for another week, but no such luck!

You'll need to be patient waiting for it to arrive. They're a very small start up, and seem to have been overwhelmed by demand. They posted recently on facebook or twitter that they were waiting to get new stock in having sold out.

I've got a thread running at link below which gives more detail about it. xDrip+ was modified in September to take data from it, so you'll need to update your version if it doesn't auto-update.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...h-libre-blucon-and-xdrip.127195/#post-1618581

Westley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Westley, have you received your BluCon? I'm also waiting for mine, just for a couple of weeks now. But I want to have an idea of how long it will take. Thanks.
Hi Nahog,
Sorry - just saw this, I hadn't checked in here for a while.
No - I've still not received my BluCon, almost 2 months now since I placed the order, and AmbrosiaSys customer service has been very unresponsive. It is pretty frustrating.