Diabetes and benefits

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robbity Also free public transport. But we do have to apply for the pension, heating allowance and free travel pass, but not for free prescriptions and eye tests.

I remember a few years back, on the TV, Peter Stringfellow was talking about the pension and winter fuel allowance. The winter fuel allowance is automatic, over a certain age and with a pension and he stated that he didn't want it because he had enough money to live on. He got in touch with DWP and explained it didn't want or need it and they basically said, it was automatic and if he didn't use it, maybe he could give it to charity. His point was, why can't he opt out as he didn't apply for it ?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast You are correct. I forgot how I first got it, on thinking about it I believe they just notified me that I would be getting it the first November after my 60th birthday.

Dinks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am type 2 diabetic, I also have ulcerative colitis, my diabetic nurse has just changed all my insulin and given me a tablet to take as well as my sitagliptin, my colitis affects my joints and sometimes it is even hard to get out of bed in the mornings. Does anyone know if I can claim some sort of benefits?
H

Dinks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I remember a few years back, on the TV, Peter Stringfellow was talking about the pension and winter fuel allowance. The winter fuel allowance is automatic, over a certain age and with a pension and he stated that he didn't want it because he had enough money to live on. He got in touch with DWP and explained it didn't want or need it and they basically said, it was automatic and if he didn't use it, maybe he could give it to charity. His point was, why can't he opt out as he didn't apply for it ?
Yespecially I'm the same I have fibro to and find it take me a hr or so to get my joints working