DIABETES AND MY OTHER LONG TERM CONDITIONS

brunodog25

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
HOSPITALS AND CERTAIN STAFF DOCS NBOT BEEN STRAIGHT WITH ME PREFER TRUTH THEN GET IT OVER AND DONE WITH
HI I DO NOT LIKE TO KEEP SAYING WHAT IS ALSO WRONG WITH ME AS IF IT WERE ME READING I WOULD THINK WINGING SO SO AGAIN BUT IN THESE CASES IT MAY HELP OTHERS. I JHAVE COPD AND 2 OTHER LUNG CONDITIONS, BRITTLE BONES DEGENERATIVE CRUMBLING OF THE SPINE EPILEPSY MRSA ON AND OFF . I THINK THATS ENOUGH TO KEEP ON WITH FOR THE MOMENT OH APART FROM HEART FAILURE WHICH AFFECTS ALOT.
I DO NOT BLAME ANYTHING EXCEPT MYSELF FOR MY POOR STATE OF HEALTH AND THANK THOSE WHEN I CAN FOR INVESTIGATING INTO THEM IF ANYONE HAS THESE AND TYPE 2 I AM QUITE WILLING TO HELP THEM AS LONG AS THEY CAN GIVE ME A LOVELY DREAM OF THE LARGE CHINEESE TAKEAWAYS I USED TO CONSUME OR LEEK PUDDINGS I KNOW THIS IS IMPOSSIBE BUT THE CHARGE IS NIL AS I WILL YOUR HELP SOME DAY
JOHNTY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Johnty

I am type 1 and have had it for over 20 years. For the past 18 months or so I too am getting other life long medical conditions, 2 recently in 2 months, just had a good results from blood tests as it was negative :) and I am having 2 more blood tests this week, 1 has to be at the hospital and then sent away to another another hospital. It does take its toll on a person at times, but we've got to keep going no matter what and my child is always number 1 when it comes down to my ongoing medical conditions.

Try not to be too hard on yourself, but look after yourself and take care.

Best wishes RRB

Reactions: 4 people

Finzi

Hi johnty! It sounds like you're being very hard on yourself - I can't believe you are to "blame" for all your medical conditions (epilepsy? Brittle bones? MRSA?). I know heart failure, diabetes and COPD can be lifestyle related, but not always, and even if they are in your case, I don't think blaming yourself is the answer.

Wish I could help with the Chinese takeaway ;)

(PS I've got heart failure too - mine was from a virus)

Type 2 on Metformin, diagnosed Jan 2013, ultra low carber, Hba1C at diagnosis 8% (64), average BS now between 5 and 6 mmol.

Reactions: 2 people

rosiebuds1955

Dislikes
savoury foods
Hi Johnt,
I have type 2 diabetes along with hight blood pressure and have recently been diagnosed with Fybromyalgia and colitas
I have been off sick from work with this condition since september 2012 and miss my work mates . I need to lose weight to help my joints as that in turn will help the pain .Mobility for me at times is very painful .Chinese take out I miss those too but hey you can do your own healthy stir fry veggies and chicken good luck with that
best wishes
rosiebuds1955

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sometimes diabetes is bot the primary problem but a clause of something bigger but it takes being diagnosed with diabetes for them to find the other things.....if that makes sense :shock:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dangem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Johnty, I know how you feel. I have had T2 for 10 months. Also have COPD, Asmatha and ostioathritus. The athritus made me give up work at 59 as I was a mobile refrigeration engineer. I did not change my eating habits, which caused my weight to go from 14.2st to 16.5 st in a year. Diabetes arrived 3 years later. Should have realised as my Father was T2. After a week on 2xMetformin 500mg I was still at 21.7mmols and put onto 2x850 Metformin. After 10 months my weight is back to 14.10st and average 5.6 to 8.0 mmols. Other problems still there but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. Hang on in there and keep smilling. :thumbup:

Anna2007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone also get depression? I have been diagnosed with depression and am feeling unwell. I have been feeling really tired and have been crying a lot. I have had hypos and feel scared when I go out. Are any of you on anti-depressants? If so what are they? I take metformin and insulin . Anna

Mr Happy

Anna, the problem is that many depression signals can seem like hypos and the nervous energy you can often use when stressed or depressed can lead to low sugars. All you can do is be vigilant, keep taking the meds and battle on.

Good luck to you both!

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
I am type2 diabetic &on metformin slow release 2 x1000mg with evening meal i also have osteo arthritis, psoratic arthritis,irratable bowel syndrome, compartment sydrome after having a knee replacement,asthma use a wheelchair & a zimmer frame. also suffer depression & yes i have good as well as bad days but i keep smiling as there is always someone worse than me my husband,family & grandson keep me going evan though my grandson is autistic & hdhd he is every thing to me makes me smile,laugh and unconditional love do not let depression beat you.beat it.

m1dpq

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a great lot.. Jazz, People who think they are better than others..
I am like most here a T2 diabetic on Insulin, Gliclazide & Sitagliptin, but i have Osteo & Rhematoid arthritis, Osetoporosis, Asthma, COPD (and i have never smoked in my entire life), Klinefelter's Syndrome (which i was born with), a Cyst in my thigh that runs clean through the bone, i cannot walk far (less than 15ft without severe pain forcing me to stop).. and quite a few other problems including Severe Depression, but even with these problems and the rest ofd them i will not give in..

Life can be a challenge but it is a challenge that we all can beat if we wish to..

Reactions: 4 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Life is a challenge and my whole life has been just that for me - I have a very supportive family, a small family. I am dogged in my determination and it is paying off, after all I am still here, living a full life and enjoying as much as I can.
I started off with rheumatoid arthritis when I was 9, no such thing as autoimmune then, which has culminated in many other health problems many from autoimmune situation. My drug regime is considerable and manageable. It is what is maintaining me and helps me do what I can do and I try not to get too het-up about what I cant - that too is considerable.

Humalog Mix 25 Insulin Twice a day, Methotrexate 25 mg once a week, Folic Acid 5 mg once a week, Prednisolone 5mg, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 Forte, twice a day, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Amlodipine 10mg, Losartan 100mg, Aspirin 75 mg, Nicorandil 20mg, twice a day, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000 mg,split dose, Alimemazine 10mg, Lansoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20 mg, Co Codamol 8/500 mg, Depo Medrone (methylprednisolone) OR double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Yes I also have a very long list of other health conditions and am on a lot of medication and am in pain most of the time but it's how you deal with it and your whole outlook on life. We all get our down days but we bounce back and onwards and upwards so to speak. Life is a journey and you have to roll with the punches and be as positive as you can :)

ShellyC23

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reading these posts helps me believe I'm not alone. I'm not going to bore you with the details but I've been collecting 'medical conditions' since I was 3 years old. I'm now in my 50th year and wondering how much more I can take but there is always someone worse and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day :)

Reactions: 6 people

curtis-joanne

yes i take depression tablets. i was left with a three year old and a six mth old. my husband left me for someone fatter. but didn't have any long term illnesses i have been on them for 14 years i have my ups and downs. i take (when i take it) insulin 4 times a day and metformin and tabs for epilepsy and sertraline for depression. i live each day that's all we can be asked to do.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i know how u all feel since i was21 i seem to collect illnesses, asthma,depression/anxiety,underactive thyroid,diabetes,athritis,menieres disease,severe allergies, m.e,fibromyalgia,having tests now for choking too

m1dpq

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a great lot.. Jazz, People who think they are better than others..
For us All!!!

We all have similar things in common, apart from Diabetics, we all have a long list of medication... I must apologise if my handwriting or spelling goes a bit wonky, as I'm using "Dragon Speak 12" as being a 95 word per minute trained typist i can now only manage 3 - 5 words if i am lucky due to the swelling of my fingers..

Johnty, and a few of you mentioned a "Chinese Takeaway", well I can give you a recipe to cook it for yourselves...

How about "Special Prawn Fried Rice"???

Ps this serves 4 people..

350g dried long-grain or Thai Frangrant/jasmine rice
low calorie cooking spray (fry-Light)
2 eggs
1 onion, finely chopped
150g mushrooms. finely sliced
400g peeled raw King or Tiger Prawns
125g frozen peas, thawed
2 Tbspn Soy sauce
2 level Tbspn Oyster sauce..

Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, drain and cool under cold running water.

Spray a large non-stick wok or deep frying pan with frylight, and place over a meium to high heat. whisk the eggs in a small jug with 1tablespoon of water, pour mixture into pan and cook the omelette for 2 minutes.. Turn the omelette, cook for 1min more then remove from pan and set aside top cool..

add more frylight to pan, turn heat down to medium, add mushrooms, prawns and onion, cook for 5-6 minutes (until prawns are pink and nearly cooked through), annd the rice and cook for a further 4 mins, then add the peas and cook for a further 2 mins,,

slice the omelette into thin stripds and add to the rice with the soy and oyster sauce. Fold everything together for 1 minute to heat through and serve hot!!

Hope this keeps you going for a few days..

Doreen Grieve

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had several medical conditions but to cap it all I was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmanary fibrosis last year and was told there is no cure.Can it get any worse, I now have type 2 diabetes

lwafford

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Doreen, Sorry to hear that. Stay strong. Don't give up. Never give up.
Keep seeing doctors, and maintain a very healthy dirt and exercise plan, please. I don't know who you are, where you are. or how you are, but I'm with you. DON'T GIVE UP.

God bless you.

I

Doreen Grieve

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doreen, Sorry to hear that. Stay strong. Don't give up. Never give up.
Keep seeing doctors, and maintain a very healthy dirt and exercise plan, please. I don't know who you are, where you are. or how you are, but I'm with you. DON'T GIVE UP.

God bless you.

I
Thank you for thinking of me. X

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had several medical conditions but to cap it all I was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmanary fibrosis last year and was told there is no cure.Can it get any worse, I now have type 2 diabetes
Doreen - Do you take steroids for your pulmonary fibrosis?