Diabetes burnout?

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 19, been diabetic for just under 10 years and I think what I have at the moment is diabetes burnout.. I just read about it on the website and apparently it's where a diabetic is neglecting what you know you have to do as a diabetic, this particular line is what made me think I'm going through it,

"eating whatever you want despite knowing its effects on blood sugar levels, or estimating quantities of insulin required rather than testing blood sugar levels and injecting precise amounts"

I seem to be at the end of my tether with diabetes, I hate to say this, but I feel a lot like I don't care what my BG is day to day, if it's above 10 then I see that as no big deal, and often I don't adjust for it unless I'm injecting anyway.

I don't know if it's because I can't be bothered, that I've just had enough, or maybe something else.

How can I get past this? I know it's important and It's just making me feel so down..
Thanks for listening

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Take one day at a time, hopefully you wil regain control soon. Don't beat yourself up about the odd day, lifes too short. You know what to do, just sometimes doing it exhausts the brain as it does take alot of mental strength to do all day every day. Please be careful not to make yourself ill though, when ready start again the right way. Plenty.people here for support :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app