Diabetes Cookbook

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With time to kill this afternoon, I found myself in a garden centre browsing through the cookbook section. Amongst the usual cupcake and Women's Weekly book offerings, I came across this: https://www.waterstones.com/book/ty...kbook/vickie-de-beer/kath-megaw/9781910904978. After flicking quickly through a few of the recipes, I decided to purchase; after all, you can't have too many cookbooks, right?! (I have a cupboard of recipe books purchased in such a fashion that subsequently turn out to have only 1 or 2 suitable recipes in.) A more detailed reading this evening has shown it to be a most useful book. Written by a mum of a T1 child, it contains medical / scientific info as well as recipes and would be a useful starting off point for parents with a newly diagnosed child, as well as being completely relevant for T2s aiming for a low carb life style.

Sorry if this book is already really well known and I have just missed it!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

xendistar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Shopping in our local Lidls yesterday and I noticed they had a Recipes Book for Diabetics, it was only £2.50 so I picked it up. Seems to be a reprint of a German book (Lidls are German based), but what I like about the book is that is gives the K/cals & kJ, Protien, Fat and Carbohydrate per serving of all the recipes. Not tried any yet but there were several that I will be trying in the future.