Diabetes Destroyer

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We did a fair bit of research into this as our Facebook page is continually spammed with Diabetes Destroyer links via ClickBank. There's a few things that are concerning about it - and not just the name (they're not very specific about type!) - if you've seen the website, it's very spammy - it doesn't let you leave without 'confirming' for one thing - which is always dubious.

A search for it shows:

4eb1becf2d.png

The part that seals the spam-deal is that when you go to the website, a video plays and the first line is 'We are going to have to amputate your legs... today'. It follows with 'Each year, 11,000 People Saw Their Type 2 Diabetes Mysteriously REVERSED, But Even Their Doctors Couldn’t Say Why'.

Mysteriously? Really? Doubtful.

It smells like a scam. $27 to destroy diabetes? Something is fishy. In reality, it's not going to 'destroy' T1D (just a pet annoyance that most sites don't distinguish - and adds to the spammy-factor).

If it was really going to help with T2D, it'd be informing people about low carb - and in reality, you can probably find that information amongst the LC forum here and other content online. We'd urge people to save that $27 (why $27?) and download the 7 Day LC Meal Plan from the T2D page and get support from the forum and see how that works out.

The footer also notes 'ClickBank is the retailer of products on this site. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200, Boise Idaho, 83706, USA and used by permission. ClickBank's role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of these products or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of these products.' Again, slightly concerning.

And finally - when exiting the site, it shows the following:

b41084a0e3.png

After thinking about it... yes, I think we'll leave.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 15 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pippatenn: Just think about why, if there are so many fix it remedies floating around on the web, the number of diabetics is still increasing...surely we should all have been cured by now?

With a name like Diabetes Destroyer, I wouldn't bother wasting my time even looking at it.

Robbity

Reactions: 6 people

Mep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I would definitely ignore stuff like that too. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out to rip the chronically ill off in any way, shape, or form they can. It really annoys me too when they use the words 'cure' or 'reverse'. The only thing that happens for any diabetic is good control. I've said this to other people who claim that diabetes can be reversed... really? You do what you have to do to get your sugar within normal range and that's it. It only takes a slip up or something to happen to you like getting sick or stressing out to see your sugar level rise again. People like this make me sick.... quackery is all it is. You're best to ignore this stuff and follow advice from your endocrinologist. You also learn from experience, plus you learn from others as well... which is a good thing about this forum. Also what works for you, may not work for the next diabetic... it's all trial and error and keeping at it to get that good control. :)

Reactions: 6 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any website that tries to stop you leaving, shouldn't have been visited in the first place.

Reactions: 5 people