1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes Forum App

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by Administrator, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 · Oracle

None. The website is far more user friendly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Motherhen2014

Motherhen2014 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Penguin I downloaded the app ages ago and I tried low carb but did it wrong I think and found it wasn't for me.But whenever I am worried about something I come on here through the app and ask questions and I always get a very helpful answer and advice and it does help.
    Maybe I will try lowcarb one day in the future.
    This is why I have the app.

3. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I stopped using the app as it was very slow to load the forum, so went back to using Chrome browser which speeded things up again.

The recipes app is also slow showing the recipes, they both need the bloat taken out.

I downloaded all of the recipes and put them on Google Drive, so we have "instant" access to them now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Penquin47210

Penquin47210 Type 1 · Member

Thanks VERY much for those helpful replies - I can already see why people say "use the forum not the app"..... useful to know and it will save me time and frustration finding such things out through trial and loads of error - which would have brought me to the "time of trial".

5. Enclave

Enclave Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Not quite what I thought it would be .... think I will stick with the non app

6. KalosRonando

KalosRonando · Newbie

Hello, thank for the app to discuss diabetes, my uncle was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. My family doesn't know anythings good for my uncle because my mentality's uncle is very very bad. Can I do anything to my uncle?

7. Oamsery

Oamsery · Member

Who can recommend some good app ?

8. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Can you expand on what sort of a good app you want, and for what device.

9. Mel_joy55

Mel_joy55 Type 2 · Newbie

I'm attempting to use the app & introduce myself but I can't see where to post information about myself

10. lsd69

lsd69 MODY · Newbie

I want to ask a question on the forum. Could someone help me with how to do this?

11. Lincka01

Lincka01 · Member

I would like to introduce myself but I know technology is not my strongest point but I don't know how to do it

12. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

13. Lincka01

Lincka01 · Member

Thank you for some reason although a good map reader find navigating a screen anxiety inducing!

14. mjames1

mjames1 Type 2 · Member

Hello, I have downloaded the forum app and login successfully. I can post as I'm doing now via the app. If I go to the website and login that is also successful. But when I click from the website homepage to the forum it asks me to signin again and it won't let me signin. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

15. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I have not used the app but I think that the main DCUK website requires a different account to the forum. Despite being a forum member for a few years now, I cannot log in to the main site, which used to baffle me.

If I read your post correctly though, you can log in to the site but not the forum. Have you switched to a PC or is this still a mobile device?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook