Diabetes monitoring

Scarlet13

Im hoping someone can help. In 2014 i fell pregnant & had twin boys. Though there is type 2 in my family ( few members) and though i was getting symptoms like extreme thirst, bathroom calls feeling not so well before & after meals & a very sweet smell it was ignored till i was 32 weeks when i finally demanded a test and was positive for gestational diabetes. I had my boys & it disappeared..... fast forward my boys are 3 years old & since oct ive been getting all the above symptoms i bought an accu chek monitor from get go im getting readings from 4.3 to 11.3 that i got last night. Now im told by a nurse & the clinic i was under when pregnant it should be between 5-8 anything lower or higher is to be looked at. Went to drs who sent me for bloods went in today and told bloods are fine. I just dont understand it. Readings & symptoms say different. Wondering if anyone has had the same & what the outcome was.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
depends when you did them. 11.3 is high but if it was post loads of carbs then not serious take your morning bloods for a couple of days and let us know. the hba1c test would only be raised if you had been diabetic for a while. if its just started it would show the average over the 3 months. however the 4.3 is not something you need to worry about. in fact its a good indication that your not diabetic.