Diabetes - new : )

tallyjade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
o_O:stop:Hi my names tally ,
I've been diabetic since 2009 I'm now 12.
Ever since I was diagnosed I've never had a "stable" diabetic life .

I've been in and out of hospitals and nothing's ever worked , I've tried 4 injections a day / carb count/2 a day and on Monday I had to go into hospital as my bloods was 24 and my ketones 6.0 I had to stay in till Thursday and I can just never find anything to work !! :banghead:

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @tallyjade :)

How horrible for,you - I hope you're feeling a lot better now.

Carb counting works if you have the right ratios because your basically trying to do the job your pancreas used to do. Have you ever considered a pump?

Ther are plenty of younger Type 1s here but if it's quiet, remember you can alsays post in the main Type 1 section too. People here are happy to help - or just to listen :)

Reactions: tallyjade

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @tallyjade
I am sorry you are not able to get hold of the D -- it is hard when numbers don't get right.

are you speaking with your nurse at hospital on a regular basis ?
is your mum helping too ?

if you want to keep talking to us here on your topic we will try and help and support all we can !

do keep talking !!

Llinz04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Tally,

What type of food are you currently eating? I was the same as you when I was first diagnosed at 15 years old and found that eating healthy so eating lots of fish, vegetables and so on. Look up the carbohydrates in foods and see how your blood sugar levels are.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tallyjade

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
Like @Llinz04 said, eating good foods helps control your glucose. Once your number level out and are more consistant, you can eat more of the foods you are used to. When I was diagnosed, I had to get salads and VERY healthy and picky foods. You probably don't need to go that far, but still, eating very healthy foods helps A LOT! Hope I can help.

tallyjade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @tallyjade :)

How horrible for,you - I hope you're feeling a lot better now.

Carb counting works if you have the right ratios because your basically trying to do the job your pancreas used to do. Have you ever considered a pump?

Ther are plenty of younger Type 1s here but if it's quiet, remember you can alsays post in the main Type 1 section too. People here are happy to help - or just to listen :)
I am not aloud the pump yet as it isn't under control?!