Diabetes nurse phoned me yesterday.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all,

The diabetes nurse phoned me back yesterday n said it need to up my insulin to ten units n Victoza to 1.2 units to lower my b.s. to lower b.s. levels.

So will see what it is this week will be lower I hope but didn't do much in helping with loose stools ECT.
So will see what happens this week.
Lynne is Phoning me back on Wednesday to see what I've been like this week.

Diligent500

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Hope the increase in dose helps. :)

Please come back and let us know how it goes?

Have you ever been offered a course to teach you how to carb count, and adjust your insulin to the amount of carbohydrate you eat in a meal?

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have you got a plan of aciton on how you will change your lifestyle and diet so you don't need to keep increasing your inslin dose?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Are you having a lower-carb diet? Keeping the carbs down is important if you are on Victoza to help with weight loss. You should reduce the carbs with guidance from the nurse as the insulin dose may need to be reduced with a carb reduction. As Brunneria says, carb counting can also help if you are not already doing that. Victoza is known to have side effects whereas insulin tends not to.