Diabetes Unpacked - Various Authors

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@serenity648, it's shipping from the UK. I'd contact them and offer to forward your emailed receipt at the time of purchase. I can think of no reason why you wouldn't have it by now.

Not understanding this...please help...

Okay, my time is very limited. After reading the introduction, I chose to read first Chapter 4: Who Gets Type 2 Diabetes? (Understanding and Treating the Causes) by Robert Cywes. I've reread the section "Vulnerability to addiction" on pages 76-77 two times and I get part of it but I'm confused by the discussion of "authority personality types". Perhaps someone smarter than me can explain this to me. The ending sentence in this section has completely thrown me: "Authority personality types are not vulnerable to addiction and therefore do not get T2DM.*" I thought the note at the bottom of page 77 would help me, but now I'm more confused than ever and that's unfortunate because I believe what he's saying here is critically important.

S

serenity648

I contacted the publishers and the hardback has only just arrived with them and will be sent out later this week, or next week. I had a quick response.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I ordered a second hardcover so that's good to know. Thanks serentity648!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It has been over three weeks since I ordered a hardback copy but no book has arrived from Columbus Publishing. I have emailed them this evening. I am always impatient where books are concerned but still it seems a long time.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guzzler, I ordered a second hardcover edition, but haven't received it yet. Have read about a third of the book so far. I think you'll be pleased when you do finally receive it... Am curious as to what the delay is. I thought the publisher had the books in hand.

Reactions: Guzzler
S

serenity648

I am still waiting for my hardback. I got this message from the publisher on the 12th August:

Many thanks for your order. As per the information on the offer page, we're shipping all limited edition hardbacks early August. We’ve received stock in yesterday and we will be shipping out on a first ordered-first shipped basis. On that basis, I estimate that we’ll be sending yours out mid next week. I appreciate that it’s been a wait, hopefully it will be worth it when it lands on your doorstep. Very best wishes Andy

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@serenity648 have you received your hardcover book yet? I got my second one yesterday. The first one was numbered 96, this one 587. It shipped from the UK again, though a different address, and the exact same packaging.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I received my hardback copy yesterday (29 Aug) and have just finished chapter five.
My opinion already is that everyone should read it, HCPs, T1s, T2s and all types and those who follow the 'western diet'.

The book is written in layman's terms, no jargon so easily accessible to all. Chapter five is on T1DM but it could be aimed at everyone and has the benefit of a little enlightenment for those, like me, who have little to no knowledge of T1DM .

My favourite bit so far is the analogy by Fung of the subway car and the passengers. Put in such clear terms it explains insulin resistance in a trice.

Thank you, @SockFiddler for the recommendation, money well spent.