1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes Unpacked - Various Authors

Discussion in 'Book and Product Reviews' started by SockFiddler, Jul 29, 2017.

1. serenity648

serenity648 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

still waiting for my hardback copy : (

2. Winnie53

Winnie53 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@serenity648, it's shipping from the UK. I'd contact them and offer to forward your emailed receipt at the time of purchase. I can think of no reason why you wouldn't have it by now.

Not understanding this...please help...

Okay, my time is very limited. After reading the introduction, I chose to read first Chapter 4: Who Gets Type 2 Diabetes? (Understanding and Treating the Causes) by Robert Cywes. I've reread the section "Vulnerability to addiction" on pages 76-77 two times and I get part of it but I'm confused by the discussion of "authority personality types". Perhaps someone smarter than me can explain this to me. The ending sentence in this section has completely thrown me: "Authority personality types are not vulnerable to addiction and therefore do not get T2DM.*" I thought the note at the bottom of page 77 would help me, but now I'm more confused than ever and that's unfortunate because I believe what he's saying here is critically important.

3. serenity648

serenity648 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I contacted the publishers and the hardback has only just arrived with them and will be sent out later this week, or next week. I had a quick response.

4. Winnie53

Winnie53 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I ordered a second hardcover so that's good to know. Thanks serentity648!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook