Diabetic Craft Club

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd been watching money for nothing and again bags were being made, this time from old sacks.
I was later sorting through my drawers of too small (mostly) but barely worn cos last few summers haven't been hot enough, tops. One fell open in my hand and I just had hold of the shoulders straps and brain said handles, bags....and that was it.
Been doing a lot of "research" on Etsy shops for other bag ideas...I know one lady on forum makes bags from recycled denims using waistbands as top of bags... and today found a lady in USA had done the same thing with vest tops.....so I know I'm not the only "wacky" person in the world now
Bags have always gone down well on our village craft stall. We put out a call to the village for material and get in all sorts of fabric from curtains to clothing, so bags get made from whatever we have at the time. If you have a local area magazine, it's worth putting something in to ask for fabric, or your area Freecycle website. In this day and age, recycled or upcycled items are very popular. Also, lots of village have craft fairs, and for £10 a stall we've made £300 in sales on a day, so not bad going.

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

Bags have always gone down well on our village craft stall. We put out a call to the village for material and get in all sorts of fabric from curtains to clothing, so bags get made from whatever we have at the time. If you have a local area magazine, it's worth putting something in to ask for fabric, or your area Freecycle website. In this day and age, recycled or upcycled items are very popular. Also, lots of village have craft fairs, and for £10 a stall we've made £300 in sales on a day, so not bad going.
5f4ecd9e6fee1dcd72ef85da780a9bf8.jpg
b0f4cc31c8cd9af43bcea4e6225028f6.jpg

Latest two. Hardly used bedspread lined with some new lightly brushed shirt material

S

Sable_Jan

3c3f72f5a6bd266ef0413d3340c526d1.jpg
b5d642192aca751b8b4ca3e48adcf89b.jpg
74e64600bf560c2a7433ae3d7fd0b884.jpg

Made this for my eldest today....we were chatting over WhatsApp last night with pictures of the others and she said "mine's sage green please".... said all I had was ... and sent a pic of fabric which she liked.... we discussed it as a bag with "lots of pockets, cos I'm a Mum " so it's bigger than the others, got a drinks bottle pocket, one for phone, pen and iPad sized one. Clip for keys, you can just see, and adjustable shoulder/cross body strap which is detachable....and outer pocket with flap....she loves it.....fairly pleased too though some of stitching could be better ... oh and I added an extra double layer of fabric to the bottom after I'd boxed the corners