Diabetic Foot Pain. Type1.

shazza1963

Hi Guys, I've had Type 1 Diabetes for 14 years and have it pretty well under control. Over the last 3 months, I have had severe pain in my left foot which hurts when I walk, disturbs my sleep and in generally a nuisance. Doctors cannot find out the reason, I am booked in for an MRI scan, have had x rays, my pulse is good, no ulcers, bruising or blisters. I guess what I am asking is, could this be related or similar to the Diabetic Nerve Pain I have seen discussed on here? Any help/advise/support would be really appreciated

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi @shazza1963

So difficult to say if it's related to neuropathy, but hopefully the MRI Scan will show up the cause of your discomfort and they can get you on the right treatment, keep us informed on your progress and good luck.

Reactions: azure

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Keep in mind that your foot pain could be completely unrelated to your diabetes and based on my experience - doctor's tend to misdiagnose certain injuries and other aliments because their patient have diabetes. We're also subject to other things like physical injuries and age related issues just like normal people :) I remember one doctor trying to tell my I had neuropathy after tearing my rotator cuff in a kayaking incident - I ended up having to go to a clinic and hiding the fact I was type 1 to get the correct diagnosis and to get it properly treated. Fortunately I did not require surgery because then I'd have to tell them and instead had 3 years of physio before my shoulder heeled up. It's good you're getting a MRI scan as it suggests your physician is exercising due diligence in the possible cause of your pain. Good luck and all the best!

Reactions: azure and noblehead