diabetic macular edema

JP24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Everyone

I have been told I have diabetic macular edema and have been booked in for the Laser therapy in March.

I just have a concern as I am going on holiday in January and will have a 14 hour flight.

Will this have any effect on this condition and can I do anything to help.

Thank You

Reactions: Freema
C

catherinecherub

I know nothing about this condition @JP24 but think the best course of action would be to either see your G.P. or ask the receptionist to get the Doctor to phone you.
This reply will bump your post up and someone may have more information to give you.

JP24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I know nothing about this condition @JP24 but think the best course of action would be to either see your G.P. or ask the receptionist to get the Doctor to phone you.
This reply will bump your post up and someone may have more information to give you.

Hi Catherine
I have called the receptionist at the consultants office, but I was looking for as much info as possible.
Thank You

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I have got macula oedema and have had laser and injections over the years. The laser is a bit painful on the day but next day back to normal. It shouldn't affect your holiday plans.
Good luck.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I have macular edema in my left eye -- I have had laser and injections.
any treatment clears within a day or so -- so should not affect travel plans

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have macular edema in my left eye -- I have had laser and injections.
any treatment clears within a day or so -- so should not affect travel plans

I've got maculopathy.. The right eye has been treated for a year (just injections) but for the past 3 months haven't needed them with an eyesight improvement too!
The "bummer" is they've detected the left eye. So I'm on a course for that.. (Jabs again. Different drug.)

Point being I've been out gigging the same night...
My tip? Grab the treatment with "both hands" & don't miss an appointment.. Tighten up on a my Blood sugar issues too! ;)