Diabetic Meet up/coffee/drinks

meeting time poll

• Total voters

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was wondering, if anyone here would be up for a meet up. I feel, I would benefit from knowing someone whose big part of life is insulin regime. I remember, when I was doing dafne course, it was great to meet other diabetics and compere our experiences. I don't mean to meet up just for diabetic discussions, but as a social event which will be different from meeting people online.
As I live in London I would suggest some pub in central London:). What do you think?

Reactions: 8 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's a great idea. I'd be up for it. I know what you mean about DAFNE. The people are the best part of it.

There is already a London pump users meeting every two months. No reason not to set something else up though.

Reactions: 2 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great. there are two of us now! I would love to know someone personally. As much as I value this forum, online interaction isn't the same for me

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I would be up for that. Train journey around 40mins from me to London. :)

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great! Shall we set a date? Im away for Easter but maybe Sunday, 26th of April would be good? As people may travel, I would suggest lunch time. Maybe Sunday roast somewhere nice by the river?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am about 45 minutes away from London by train, the problem with a Sunday is I have a teenager who wouldn't want to go with me and I wouldn't leave her all day whilst away from my town for a quite a long period.

Best wishes RRB

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
I am in Bexley so a London meet up works well for me

Reactions: 4 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Shall we say Saturday, 25th of April at lunch time? Any suggestions for a good pub in central London anyone?

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That date is good for me, as for location I'm happy to go with wherever as long as it's not too busy or I'll have no chance of spotting the right group of random strangers!!

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great. I will have to do some research on places in central London. I could hold a banner or something :)

PSS

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am in London, would also like to join in (although I might be away on the suggested date).

May I suggest the Fitzroy Tavern, Charlotte St as a possible venue?

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Yeah I'd be up for that. Suggested date not conducive as I think I'm cat minding in Dulwich but would definitely be up for the second meeting (if first is a success!)

Rather then all having a carnation or rose in a top pocket as ID we could all have an insulin pen !

Only joking :)

I'm NW London......

Reactions: 6 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am in London, would also like to join in (although I might be away on the suggested date).

May I suggest the Fitzroy Tavern, Charlotte St as a possible venue?

The pub looks great I think. Location should be convenient for most people too. Does it get busy. Do you think we would need a booking?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could possibly be up for it too - it's only half an hour's walk away for me (also NW London).
Could keep RRB company in the gluten-free corner ;)
But I'd need to check, as I often do recording on Saturdays.

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah I'd be up for that. Suggested date not conducive as I think I'm cat minding in Dulwich but would definitely be up for the second meeting (if first is a success!)

Rather then all having a carnation or rose in a top pocket as ID we could all have an insulin pen !

Only joking :)

I'm NW London......

I'm sure cats can cope for a couple of hours!
I'm NW London too :)

craigmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was wondering, if anyone here would be up for a meet up. I feel, I would benefit from knowing someone whose big part of life is insulin regime. I remember, when I was doing dafne course, it was great to meet other diabetics and compere our experiences. I don't mean to meet up just for diabetic discussions, but as a social event which will be different from meeting people online.
As I live in London I would suggest some pub in central London:). What do you think?
Great idea, buta bit far to travel as I'm in Scotland

Reactions: 4 people