Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
db3.jpg
db2.jpg
db1.jpg
db.jpg
I would like to thank Brian, Emma, Aoife, Stefano, Darren, Dave, Patrick, Robert and Emma for coming today. It was great to meet you all, and I hope our diabetic meetup will become a regular event. Im already planning the next one :) I hope that other members of the forum will join us in the future, as Im sure you will all agree with me, that its great to have a diabetic buddy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 28 people

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Big well done for thinking up and organising this meeting and it's really nice to see the photos. I wish I could have gone but unfortunately I didn't see this thread until now. I'll definitely come to the next one though and hopefully it happens very soon :)

It's a great idea. I'd be up for it. I know what you mean about DAFNE. The people are the best part of it.

There is already a London pump users meeting every two months. No reason not to set something else up though.

@Spiker,, I'm really interested in going to this London pump meeting, do you know where I can find out about it? Is it talked about on the Diabetes Events and Fundraisers sub-thread?

Edit: grammar.

Reactions: 5 people

flourpower28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was lovely to meet everyone yesterday. I'm sorry I had to rush off. Looking forward to the next one. Thank you for organising it Ewelina.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
View attachment 13257 View attachment 13256 View attachment 13255 View attachment 13254 I would like to thank Brian, Emma, Aoife, Stefano, Darren, Dave, Patrick, Robert and Emma for coming today. It was great to meet you all, and I hope our diabetic meetup will become a regular event. Im already planning the next one :) I hope that other members of the forum will join us in the future, as Im sure you will all agree with me, that its great to have a diabetic buddy :)

Lovely photo's and it sounded like a smashing day x

Reactions: 7 people

dex_71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ops...I've just joined this forum so I missed the opportunity, but please let me know if you guys are meeting up again! Since I've started injecting insulin my social life has become a bit cr*p especially as I've still need to learn how to deal with the insulin/carbs counts etc properly!

As I work in central London (just next to Trafalgar Square) I'm up for a drink during the week!!!!

Cheers!!!!

Reactions: 9 people

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ops...I've just joined this forum so I missed the opportunity, but please let me know if you guys are meeting up again! Since I've started injecting insulin my social life has become a bit cr*p especially as I've still need to learn how to deal with the insulin/carbs counts etc properly!

As I work in central London (just next to Trafalgar Square) I'm up for a drink during the week!!!!

Cheers!!!!

Hi @dex_71...just stumbled on your post randomly...not sure if you are aware that there is another meet happening in London on 27/06/15...see thread diabetic meetup 2...sorry...not sure how to send link to thread :)