Diabetic Myopathy

titannia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Have just returned from the rheumatologist and he thinks i may have Diabetic Myopathy. I have to go for further tests on the nerves although he did a basic test and said the nerves seem ok, however, my my right leg is that of an 80 year old as the muscle wastage is so severe. I also have osteoarthritis in both knees and hips.
I am having trouble finding any information about this and if anyone has any experiance of it or if it can be reversed i would be really grateful, Thanks x

KIPGIB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Miserable people.
HI,just a bit of information about joint or muscle pain.I was prescribed sitigliptin alongside metformin due to my bg being 8.1%.Have been type 2 for 5 years.Within days of taking the sitigliptin I experienced really bad pains in my shoulder-knees-wrists and worst of all my hips.Continued with the sitigliptin for another 3 weeks then went to GP who told me to stop taking sitigliptin and just continue with the metformin.Again within days the pains had vanished apart from what appeared to be a trapped nerve in my shoulder.But is it a trapped nerve.I take simvastatin 40mg and have done for 7 years so does anyone think,as I do,it could be myopathy caused by the simvastatin.Have mentioned this to GP but all he has done is refer me to physiotherapy.