Diarrhoea

fikileM57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im on lchf, i also started the intemettent fasting, i eat at 12noon until 5pm...it is working for me, i lost some weight and saso my BS is normal...the problem is the diarrhoea. .its been two weeks now. Immediately i eat, an hour later i will be running to the toilet...i bought over the counter pills but its the same..i now think of seeing the doctor

Help what might be causing this

Sent from my SM-T231 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Most people find that eating low carb has the opposite effect - are you taking Metformin?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Metformin is well known for causing this. If you are on this medication you need to speak to your doctor and ask for the slow release version, which is kinder on the tummy.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Slow Release can also cause the same problem. So if you are given it keep strict records of what you eat to eliminate food being the cause.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Im on lchf, i also started the intemettent fasting, i eat at 12noon until 5pm...it is working for me, i lost some weight and saso my BS is normal...the problem is the diarrhoea. .its been two weeks now. Immediately i eat, an hour later i will be running to the toilet...i bought over the counter pills but its the same..i now think of seeing the doctor

Help what might be causing this

Sent from my SM-T231 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

This may sound dumb but I had an issue with sugar free gum. It took me an age to figure it out. I've always chewed gum then swapped to sugar free and it didn't seem to be an issue. However as I became more engaged with low carb it did. I now have quit the habit and all is fine

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
The only time I have problems with Metformin is when I reduce carbs to almost non existent. I had it recently when experimenting with a zero carb diet and ALWAYS if fasting for more than 24 hours.