Diaversary Time

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Everyone

So today is my 6 year diaversary woohoo!! Unfortunately with this flippin heat I am having to set alarms and getting very poor sleep as my sugars are dropping....just reminds me of how rubbish this disease is
Today I had planned wee treats for myself but Im exhausted and going to bed....rock and roll! Lol
Sorry for the sad post, just some days remind me of how its changed me life and how much I want to eat cake without any ramifications lol

Reactions: Sibyl
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Everyone

So today is my 6 year diaversary woohoo!! Unfortunately with this flippin heat I am having to set alarms and getting very poor sleep as my sugars are dropping....just reminds me of how rubbish this disease is
Today I had planned wee treats for myself but Im exhausted and going to bed....rock and roll! Lol
Sorry for the sad post, just some days remind me of how its changed me life and how much I want to eat cake without any ramifications lol

Try and have a good one if you can ( weather is quite hot here in the South ) at least we are still here fighting diabetes and here's wishing you many, many more long and hopefully uncomplicated years ahead, take care x :)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Awwww @Lynz84 , hope you catch up on some sleep, and hope that you then really do get the chance to reward yourself!

My own diaversary passed me by for years, until it dawned on me last year that it would be 30 years! Had a small dinner party in my own honour. That's not like me at all (I'm normally madly unsociable) but I really wanted to mark it, and I had a lovely time!

It sounds weird, but congratulations on your diaversary! And do reward yourself - you jolly well deserve it!

:happy::happy::happy:

D

Deleted Account

I always try to celebrate my diaversary.
I don't think of it as the day I get diabetes but the day I was diagnosed (I had been feeling rubbish for weeks).
If I hadn't been diagnosed, I wouldn't be here to celebrate.
Yeah, diabetes can be a pain but it's better to be here with diabetes than not here at all.

Reactions: phdiabetic

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I don't think of it as the day I get diabetes but the day I was diagnosed (I had been feeling rubbish for weeks).
If I hadn't been diagnosed, I wouldn't be here to celebrate.

Admirable bit of lateral thinking there, helen!