Results are only viewable after voting.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love Hallberg and Perlmutter!

Dr. Hallberg: "...we would begin with exactly what you said, "treatment". And I'll actually say what I think pharmaceuticals do is that they manage disease, right? So management of type 2 diabetes with pharmaceutical agents only, really we know what that leads to. That leads to potentially delaying progression, but it certainly doesn't halt progression. So diabetes, when someone gets that diagnosis, specifically here I'm talking about type 2 diabetes, what we see is that they're stuck with this. They're stuck with this disease for the rest of their life. Or at least that's what they're told.

So they get type 2 diabetes and they're going to work really hard on taking their medications as they're supposed to and maybe, just maybe, will slow down the disease. Slow down some of the devastating consequences of the disease such as blindness, limb amputation, cardiovascular diseases, strokes, but that's the best we can hope for.

But I flatly reject that. I think instead what we need to start talking about is actually disease reversal. And if we manage lifestyle factors appropriately, that's exactly what we can do."

Dr. Perlmutter: "I'm going to tell you right now I'm going to love this interview. This is terrific..."

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anybody actually taken Ancel Keys work aand produced the reports based on all 22 (or 29) countries with regular follow up data in the same way the researchers into the risks of smoking had to do from 1951 - 1999? In the UK the decision makers are not going to help their careers by working for the well being of the ordinary citizen. They will always dance to the organ grinders tune. I assume it is the same in other countries. By quoting the corrected Keys research back to the mouthpieces it could limit their room to manoeuvre and forever evade the cruel truth of the Keys children (ie the victims of Andrew Wakefields MMR misrepresentation aided and abetted by the Daily Mail are supposedly called Wakefield children) .
With 1/12 of the global health care budget spent on diabetes I doubt the situation is going to change any time soon although I would suggest an emerging nation could make a very profitable market for itself by suppling reliable, affordable meters and ancilliary equipment to the ever increasing millions of diabetics across the world.

And i think this is it!
Ignore the date it is the talk from 2017

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
And i think this is it!
Ignore the date it is the talk from 2017
Thanks for this. It is conclusive stuff. Horrible to think the dietary guidelines were decided on the basis of the senator having just been on a low fat boot camp. I think she only referred to it as the 7 nation study and did not go into the reasons why the nations that did not conform to the desired result were excluded. Despite the frequent banner health headlines the media in the UK and USA clearly choose not to invesigate the lack of research behind the guidelines. That presumably indicates the value of any content they do decide to publish

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for this. It is conclusive stuff. Horrible to think the dietary guidelines were decided on the basis of the senator having just been on a low fat boot camp. I think she only referred to it as the 7 nation study and did not go into the reasons why the nations that did not conform to the desired result were excluded. Despite the frequent banner health headlines the media in the UK and USA clearly choose not to invesigate the lack of research behind the guidelines. That presumably indicates the value of any content they do decide to publish
That's exactly the reason why they were excluded.. the results didn't conform to the conclusion that Keys wanted so he ignored them.

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's exactly the reason why they were excluded.. the results didn't conform to the conclusion that Keys wanted so he ignored them.
Yeah - carbs are good for you, fat is bad and there's no such thing as global warming. Jeez.

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
C97cQoWW0AEzvMs.jpg:large