Diet and exercise

Sixpence

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I was told that my type 2 diabetes could be controlled by a healthy diet and regular exercise. I've lost weight on a LCHF diet but I've been slower in taking up exercise. The thought of having to go out walking or running, or going to the gym didn't appeal. Finally last weekend I committed to exercise - I bought myself three CDs of music for running. I pop one in the CD player, set my kitchen timer to 20 mins and I dance! Hopefully by next week I'll hit the 30 mins five times a week recommended by my practice nurse. It's cheap, very convenient and I actually enjoy myself :)

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @ annie-p ..
I hope your nurse recognises that your dancing IS exercise and she has not just advised daily sessions of 30 minutes gym-time. Mine asked me whether I did any: gardening, diy or decorating. I said No to each (cause we live in a flat) so she put me down as inactive .. never mind my 3 rounds of golf, my 3 two-mile jogs and my 6 walks of a mile into town and back every week.
Inactive :mad::mad:
But good on you ..:D:D

Reactions: Sixpence

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a great idea.
The only way exercise is ever going to work in the long run, is if we enjoy it, and it is sustainable.
For me, it is dog walks.
For you, dancing.
:D

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An effective way to lose weight and reduce blood sugar is Intermittent Fasting. See https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting

Exercise is good, but there is no point over eating carbs and then having to run for hours just to burn the excess off. It takes roughly 30 minutes running to burn off the calories in a doughnut. The other problem with some exercise if that you can damage your knees. I have problems with both knees, so I have to be very careful with exercise. Despite doing only moderate exercise (about 5,000 steps a day) I have lost over 11 Kg in the last year and found that doing Intermittent Fasting at the weekend has helped accelerate the weight loss and stabilise blood sugars.

Type 2 diabetes is caused by a malfunctioning pancreas and being overweight with lots of visceral fat around the liver and pancreas is partly responsible. Going into ketosis and burning that visceral fat off is going to help reverse diabetes. See ...

Hotpepper20000

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
which is best exercise bike i have neuropathy recumbent one or normal one sitting on saddle thanks