Disappointed

Buttons11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But I probably shouldn't be...

I had my blood tests yesterday. 9 months after diagnosis. I was so hyped up, but I've looked on line and my HbA1c has come back at 42 - same as last time. I so wanted it to be non diabetic level 41.
I know I've come a long way, and learned a lot, but I'm just going to have to try harder.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Buttons11,

Just look at how far you've come. I think your results are fantastic. Congratulations.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that next time they'll be even lower.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
From where you started this is excellent. For some it takes years to fully develop Type 2 so you have got diabetes on the run with your hard work. It could be just small tweaks such as maybe eating an hour earlier for your last meal, going to sleep earlier, or maybe just giving your body more time to adjust to its new stat. In any event well done.

Reactions: Buttons11

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I just missed out on the Magic Number 42 but told myself that the A1c is an average over a number of weeks so there is a little leeway in the resulting figure. It is nice, though, to see a target hit and a number there in black and white.
You have done brilliantly in lowering your bg and improving your future health. It is just as important to maintain that status as it is to lower it. Keep doing what you are doing because you are getting it right!

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your results are amazing.. look how far you have come. You are on the right path, keep up the good work and you'll get there x

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

I had my blood tests yesterday. 9 months after diagnosis. I was so hyped up, but I've looked on line and my HbA1c has come back at 42 - same as last time. I so wanted it to be non diabetic level 41.
I know I've come a long way, and learned a lot, but I'm just going to have to try harder.

Yeah, lower numbers each time and preferably that little bit further into the non-diabetic zone is what we aim for but it will take a bit of time for most of us...and for me the fear is a result showing a backwards step. Your shows consistency and that is great given the possibility of slipping back the way. you are obviously putting in effort and you will get that little bit further because of that...but don't give yourself a hard time for staying in control effectively.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree with all the others @Buttons11 your results are great and you’re obviously doing all the right things, so I’m sure you’ll hit your target.

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oi! You have done so well and it's just a number, one number. I've never really understood these cut off points. Why is it if I am 42 I'm diabetic but 41 I'm not. Makes no real sense to me. Just a line in the sand.

You control is great and you've been working hard for this over months. It's an excellent result. Well done.

Buttons11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was lovely to come back and read all your encouraging comments. I know it's just a number, but psychologically it would have given me a boost to get it that one point (or more) lower. I know I started from a very high point, but I think I've got a bit complacent as I actually found it very easy to get it down to this level.
I'll keep doing what I'm doing and try to be optimistic that next time will be even better.
Thanks everybody!

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
42. you are amazing. Stress is not your friend so relax, have a cuppa and take 5 minutes to enjoy the beauty of the world, so much better than pondering why over only 1 point