Dizziness, low energy and pure fury?

SugarDaddy91

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wasps. Terrified of wasps. And retinopathy.
Hello, everyone. A little update: duagnosed a couple weeks back and am now in good conteol of my bs. At this point I only go about 4-6 even after my meals! But I do take great care to avoid carbs!
I take night and morning insulin, insulatard and have noticed a few new things.
At the start of the day, I feel great! Much better than I have done in a long time since before I got diagnosed.
But as soon as the clock reaches 11-ish, my energy runs out. My boss and coworkers want me to go on full sick leave and relax, but I want to get into the rhythm of taking care of myself at work.
As the day goes by, I get really tired and dizzy, eating every 4 hours and measuring every 2. Blood sugar is always within range and I still feel horrible.
Then I come home and need to lay on the sofa for a while and relax. Usually I will go out for a walk in the evening, but today I am just too exhausted. Does anyone have any experience with these symptoms?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you're recently diagnosed, your body probably got,used to having high sugars and now normal sugars feel low to it. These feelings might be what are called 'false hypos'.

You say you test every 2 hrs but do you also test when you feel weird like this?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I agree with @azure . I get dizziness if i run my bgs tight after having some bad control. After a while the tight control becomes your norm like high bgs were and it fads away. Although I have meds for high blood pressure and fast heart beat which give me dizziness too so double whammy!
Persist with your good bgs but everytime you run higher this could happen again.
I think a common symptom on insulin therapy.
I know I didn't suffer dizziness on metformin only in my newly diagnosed years.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
just a thought ........... insulatard is an intermediate acting insulin and was designed to be a background insulin and thus would be at full effectiveness at the time intervals you are describing.
it would be worth chatting with your care team to discuss possible alternative longer acting insulins.

depending on how your body is reacting to the insulatard , it could be your low carb diet is interacting with the insulin to promote some lower BG's -- which translate to you not feeling so well.
( just a thought )

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@SugarDaddy91 welcome to the forum. Have you recently started taking statins as well? When I was on them one of the side effects I had was dizziness

SugarDaddy91

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wasps. Terrified of wasps. And retinopathy.
Thanks for your replies, guys! Was knocked out for hours and then we decided to go hiking.
No, luckily, my cholesterols were in the green, so I've not been taking those. Talked with my nurse today and we decided it was time to start reducing. It's been perfect between 4 and 6 at all times, even post prandial, so chances are that my insulin production has increased a bit. As for the changes in BG:
Yes, I've probably been at 14-high 20s for up to 6 months, so reducing it in a bit over two weeks to my current BG levels may have been a bit fast. But I did get very excited about learning my new lifestyle and learning to handle the diabetes. Can insulin production partially recover with LADA? May just be wishful thinking. I am also a lot more active these days and eat much better, so as you say it may be interfering with my BG. But I do not seem to drop below 4, so seems I can compensate somewhat, both ways?