Do I have to give up Ribena???

Libbaloo

As a newbie prediabetic in early stages of new LCHF living, I am just wondering how I will get by without having Ribena. I will drink water but there's nothing like a big glass of Ribena to quench the thirst!
Any alternatives?

Last edited by a moderator:

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What about making up jug of fruit tea, letting it get cold and chilling in the fridge ?

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You could try the no added sugar version....we all have to make compromises and that could work for you

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Isn't there an artificial sweetener version? With the no added sugar version check the nutrition label because there is a lot of "not added" fruit sugar in there already.

The short answer is yes, by the way. Best case make it an occasional treat if you really can't give it up.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I think it's ok to have occasional treats, especially if you're pre-D and not D. I have occasional treats and they don't raise my HbA1c.

Reactions: 2 people