Do the sounds on anyone else's Libre come and go?

Lenah_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Libre recently started a weird thing where sometimes it makes the sounds and sometimes it doesn't. I don't change any settings ever, so there's no reason for it to be changing itself.

Does anyone else's do this? Is it a known issue? Or something silly I've done to it?

Thanks
Lenah

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @Lenah_
welcome to the forum !:)
i use a Libre and I have never had it not respond to being turned on and then scanning.
it makes a different sound depending on whether BG is "in range" or "low" -- but it always makes a noise for me.

I would ring the customer services people tomorrow to see if they can offer any assistance.

sorry I can't be any more help !!

Lenah_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm abroad and I've dodgily acquired my Libre through the wonders of the Internet, so I doubt they'll be keen to help me! Haha!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I'm abroad and I've dodgily acquired my Libre through the wonders of the Internet, so I doubt they'll be keen to help me! Haha!
hopefully , once one of the vast UK population of forum members wake up you will get some further info .

i am currently on holiday in the USA so I am 8 hours behind the UK ( and thus still awake ) :D

Lenah_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah you're on the west coast then! I am also on the left, just further north than the USA

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Oh Canada !! I stand on guard for thee !!
(( haha canadian by birth I am )):)

Reactions: Lenah_

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Our first one had problems with sound coming and going till eventually it stopped completely. Reported to Abbotts and they replaced it. If you can't report it then it you may have to live without it.

You could always switch to vibration alert or alternative use librelink from an android phone with NFC.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I switched the noise off because the noises disturbed my partner if I scanned at night. Obviously that won't help you solve a fault, but it is an option as a 'work around' that may extend the life of the scanner...

Reactions: Energize

Lenah_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll give that a try, thank you!!! I've emailed Abbott, so here's hoping they'll help me out if it does die!