• Start Date

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
It's hard when we don't feel like ourselves. During these periods I tend to isolate. Though I sometimes participate more on the forums to take a break from myself.

I focus what energy I have on getting quality sleep, a huge, ongoing battle for me. If I'm tired during the day, I might climb into bed with a good book in the hope that I'll drift off to sleep for a while. I also try to shop for and eat healthy foods. Walks allow me to move and breath in a different environment.

Spending time once a week with friends helps more times than not (but I should add that we meet weekly specifically for the purpose of supporting one another. We take turns following a format: 1) best and worst; 2) progress toward previous week's goals; and 3) goals for the upcoming week. The quality of the conversations vary. Sometimes we're serious, focused, really try to listen to one another. Other times we're off task and just plain silly. It's usually a mix of both. These meetings don't always result in feeling better, but we share a meal and the weekly connection is good.

Waiting is the worst. I don't like that feeling of my life being on hold like that. Hope you get to see the endocrinologist soon.
Thanks Winnie x