Download

John73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is anyone going this year, I decided not to for the first time in four years as I wasn't impressed with the line up.

How do you deal with your diabetes if you are at festivals?

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd love to go to Download, looked at it a few times over the years. However its not my diabetes for me that's the problem - apart from needing decent food and access to the loo at all times - it's my mental health that prevents me from going. I'd never cope with that amount of people in a 'small' space. I've just seen photos of Iron Maiden in Birmingham last night and it was absolutely rammed with people. Hubby and I had looked at going there but I'm glad we didn't.

Health has such an impact on your day to day living. I'm just about fed up that I have physical and mental restrictions

If you're not too bothered about the lineup you did the right thing in not going. Save your money for something else.

As for going out - either at festivals or large crowds etc - I take a backpack with plenty to eat and drink and make sure I know where the toilets are. Whether I think I need the loo or not I go to each one we pass ha ha 'just in case'

John73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wolfe, if you were going to go to Download and have issues, look into the disabled access. I qualify for this and had a carer with me and the carer went free. On the viewing platform there's a lot more space than if you're on the main field.

If at gigs, be careful re the toilets as there's usually a large queue, especially between acts. I would love to go to Stonesour in Cardiff in December, but due to events in Manchester, not sure if I'll be allowed to go.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wolfe, if you were going to go to Download and have issues, look into the disabled access. I qualify for this and had a carer with me and the carer went free. On the viewing platform there's a lot more space than if you're on the main field.

If at gigs, be careful re the toilets as there's usually a large queue, especially between acts. I would love to go to Stonesour in Cardiff in December, but due to events in Manchester, not sure if I'll be allowed to go.

I do qualify for disabled pass and did look at it. I do feel for me though I still wouldnt cope with the people on a disabled platform :wideyed:. And as for the ladies toilets oh dear. I'm just a chicken in wolfie clothing really lol

And I do worry when hubby goes off to his concerts (even before Manchester). I hope you get to see Stonesour in Cardiff :)