Driving Minibus

Leofe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I'm a school teacher (T1 diabetic, about as well controlled as you can get) who is about to do my local councils minibus test. They have asked for proof/confirmation from the DVLA that I am allowed to drive minibusses. Anyone got any idea how I can get this proof?!

Thanks

Leofe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry just realised, this is in the wrong section... can an admin move the topic to the driving section please?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi all,

I'm a school teacher (T1 diabetic, about as well controlled as you can get) who is about to do my local councils minibus test. They have asked for proof/confirmation from the DVLA that I am allowed to drive minibusses. Anyone got any idea how I can get this proof?!

Thanks
You must download a form from the DVLA website and make an application to have class D1 added back to your licence.

trixie66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Thanks
I'm not sure if DVLA will allow you to drive a mini bus full of people just as you wouldn't be allowed a PSV only because of hypo and safety of people on board while driving, but check with DVLA to be on safe side

martsnow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As a full licence holder, your licence will say what vehicle enttlement you have.

If it has D! you are entitled to drive a minibus up to and including a nine seater. As I am an ex council minibus driver you must make sure that you stick to the limit of 9 which includes you as the driver. If you want to drive larger minibuses (as I did) you have to apply for a licence extension and undergo a medical which entitles you to drive up to a seventeen seater minibus which includes you as the driver

Reactions: 2 people