dry mouth nose eyes

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hiya

Is there anything we can do about dry nasal passages and dry eyes (I hate drops ) and I drink lots still dry mouth!

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
it is very common among us type 2´s to have dry eyes and mouth and nose...... unfortunately I think it is due to high blood glucose,(or maybe medications ) my eyes mouth and nose have become normal again since I have got my blood glucose down to normal...

Reactions: coleyd

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had a dry mouth for years over night and until I'm up and about in a morning. It has nothing to do with high glucose levels in my case. (I have absolutely normal BG control)

If I wake during the night I have a few sips of water. I have had it suggested to me that it's because I sleep with my mouth open.

I don't get the dry eyes or nasal passages.

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the replies so I will just plod on with the water. Maybe it's my heating like causing dry air

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes in the night it can come from more reasons , one is snoring , the other is sleeping with ones mouth open, but it can also come form allergy to dust mites if one sleeps on a pillow that is not often washed and hard dried and one has allergy to dust mites... I also have that and have to wash my pillow more othen than many have to , usually I have 2-3 layers of fabric around my pillow so that it is easy to keep totally clean, dust mite allergy also can give dry eyes and nose

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yes in the night it can come from more reasons , one is snoring , the other is sleeping with ones mouth open, but it can also come form allergy to dust mites if one sleeps on a pillow that is not often washed and hard dried and one has allergy to dust mites... I also have that and have to wash my pillow more othen than many have to , usually I have 2-3 layers of fabric around my pillow so that it is easy to keep totally clean, dust mite allergy also can givedry eyes and nose

Lol. I hope you aren't accusing me of having dirty pillows!! ;)

I am told I snore. I disagree of course. :)