DVLA group 1 test at Specsavers

giddy_kipper

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have been having Lucentis injections into both eyes - had my 4th round yesterday and have been informed by the DVLA that I need to attend a group 1 field of vision test at my local Specsavers. This has been picked up as I had to apply for renewal of my 3 year licence. I am feeling very anxious - can anyone tell me what to expect and how long the test will take? It says in the letter an hour, but this seems an awfully long time. Can anyone help?

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Hi, I have been having Lucentis injections into both eyes - had my 4th round yesterday and have been informed by the DVLA that I need to attend a group 1 field of vision test at my local Specsavers. This has been picked up as I had to apply for renewal of my 3 year licence. I am feeling very anxious - can anyone tell me what to expect and how long the test will take? It says in the letter an hour, but this seems an awfully long time. Can anyone help?
I have regular field tests and they take a lot less than an hour. You could, maybe be in the store for an hour as not all staff are trained for the test so it's a matter of waiting for the right optician. I have also undergone the same injections and when I explained to DVLA I had a very nice letter to say no action would be taken at present and my renewed licence came within days, so try not to worry too much

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The field vision test looks for blind spots in your central & peripheral vision then the results are sent to the DVLA who then decide if your fit to drive, basically you look at a screen and lights appears and you press a button when you see them, the test itself lasts no more than 20mins but they will also test your vision whilst there so an hour is about right.

Reactions: 2 people