DVLA Revoking Licence!

denbo

SO a I right in thinking that as its my husbands first time in applying for his HGV being on insulin it could take a year!! So a year of not driving? or is it a year getting through all the consultants etc? Also can I ask. My husband sometimes doesn't drive at weekends - does he still have to test twice a day? His type 2 but insulin and tablet dep. the diabetic nurse says no - as his not driving - not sure what DVLA say?
Yes u shud test every 2 hrs it says and if yr hubby as passed all the criterias email Oliver Morley CEO my hubby did

denbo

SO a I right in thinking that as its my husbands first time in applying for his HGV being on insulin it could take a year!! So a year of not driving? or is it a year getting through all the consultants etc? Also can I ask. My husband sometimes doesn't drive at weekends - does he still have to test twice a day? His type 2 but insulin and tablet dep. the diabetic nurse says no - as his not driving - not sure what DVLA say?
My hubby is type 2 but in insulin as bin since the ban was lifted for hgv to drive on insulin he will av to go c his gp who charge £100 to fill in medical form then go to c his consultant also tney want to know how ya eyes are and after the DVLA send u to c their independant consultant with 3 mths readings on yr meter that's the last leg ov it all then it as to go DVLA medical team and u shud get it bk if alls ok

Ulstersoldier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This confuses me as I've just had to renew my licence and it asks on the form if I suffered from diabetes. I replied yes but are you saying I didn't need too? I am on metforim and type 2

michaelrigg

I may be totally in the wrong place here but if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful!

Short version is this:
DVLA informs me that they are changing my licence as I am T1. This is fine, I've sent my licence off the day after I was notified, and posted back with my form via 1st class recorded.
I just checked today to see that it arrived, as I posted it 2 weeks ago.
Royal Mail have lost my letter, it never even made it out of the post office!!!!! They've suggested I fill out a claim form, but this is the least of my worries! I need to be able to drive for my job etc. Now I'm worried I won't make the April 6th deadline especially with it being Easter!
I will ring the DVLA tomorrow, but I am furious, I just wondered if anyone had any experience and could maybe prepare me for what's next?
Thank you x
I think rule 88 May apply here. Whilst dvla are conducting their enquiries you are still legally able to drive whatever class of vehicle(s) you are entitled to! This applies to me when I renew my pcv licence. Correct me if I'm wrong!

michaelrigg

My hubby is type 2 but in insulin as bin since the ban was lifted for hgv to drive on insulin he will av to go c his gp who charge £100 to fill in medical form then go to c his consultant also tney want to know how ya eyes are and after the DVLA send u to c their independant consultant with 3 mths readings on yr meter that's the last leg ov it all then it as to go DVLA medical team and u shud get it bk if alls ok
It took me about 6/7 months to get my pcv reinstated

robbo47

I may be totally in the wrong place here but if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful!

Short version is this:
DVLA informs me that they are changing my licence as I am T1. This is fine, I've sent my licence off the day after I was notified, and posted back with my form via 1st class recorded.
I just checked today to see that it arrived, as I posted it 2 weeks ago.
Royal Mail have lost my letter, it never even made it out of the post office!!!!! They've suggested I fill out a claim form, but this is the least of my worries! I need to be able to drive for my job etc. Now I'm worried I won't make the April 6th deadline especially with it being Easter!
I will ring the DVLA tomorrow, but I am furious, I just wondered if anyone had any experience and could maybe prepare me for what's next?
Thank you x
you do not lose your car licence but will have a restrictions on but if it was HGV you will loss that but not car hope this helps

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ya pay £100 to a doctor to fill out yr medical form for ya hgv licence as my doctor off sick and his wife cudnt fit me in and the doctor that dint know me fills in a form concerning my eyes wrong and I'd took him info down when I'd been the opticians so ad form bk off DVLA and ad to get optician fill it in right never ad this trouble b4 tberes always a hiccup sumwhere along the way nowts straight forward grrrr
well I got the medical yesterday, I'm certain either the GPs or Dvla medical group make the rules up as there go along. yesterday for 20 minutes work my Gp was given £100 paid by the Dvla Swansea ? he filled the questionare and I was given an eye test and blood pressure tested then asked to walk across the room on my heels then on my toes. then I was surprised to hear that I would be getting a letter to attend a Heart scan ? and on Monday I have to go back for a blood test & urine test. then the doctor said I just got through with the eye test ! I informed the doctor and showed him an eye test I had got from vision express a month before, the doctor said vision expresses test was way out ? AND THEVE EVEN TOOK MY CAR LICENCE off\\\\\\\\\ME ,in December because my licence was to be renewed in march 2016, then my GPsaid to me on my way out of the room, have you got a car ? I said no I use public transport! he then said why you need a licence then ! I said well need the Hgv as a job ! and a car licence when I use my mates car honestly are these thick heads trying to reduce the drivers on british roads somethings in the pipe line..

Last edited by a moderator:

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You also av to pay yr gp £100 for the medical form for them
To fill in Holstein yr there then go c yr consultant also u av to av yr eyes tested and they need the results ov yr eye test the go fills all that is as he as all the reports
well went for medical yesterday I had a letter from Dvla Swansea,saying thell pay£100 FOR THE MEDICAL,i showed the doctor that letter he said there do pay him

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
you do not lose your car licence but will have a restrictions on but if it was HGV you will loss that but not car hope this helps
no word of a lie,my licence was for renewal march 2016, there sent me an envelope demanding my car licence back also and if I didn't return it it was £1000 pound fine and it would be revoked.that was in December 23rd 2015. so I cant drive at all now until there dvla make decision. for car licence and hgv went for medical yesterday, now have to wait for results. 3 years ago this happened I was banned for 3 months because of insulin type I , then given my car licence back excluding my 3.5/7.5 TON medium vans , mini buses even my stagecoach shunters class,taxis, but I was told I could re-apply for the 3.5 ton class,the daft part then on that 3 year licence said I could still drive combine harvestors daft thing is do the Dvla think combine harvesters get beamed into fields by Ufos ? there still have to be driven on roads to get to the fields. most have my life ive been a delivery driver . had no problems at all never had any accidents at all, then I'm told I have type 1 diabetes insulin injections 3 years ago and all hell brakes loose, I blame the EU myself. but thank you Robbo for the information ill look into that.

Last edited by a moderator:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
All GPs and Consultants get paid for completing the dozen tick boxes on the enquiry forms from the DVLA. £100 is actually the minimum... If they actually have to examine you in person then its even more money. Still the same stupid tick box....

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
@spaceman IMHO the problem is not the EU per se, but how the bureaucrats on this side of the channel interpret & enforce it.

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my renewal recently. I filled in the form and sent it off on the Monday. The following Monday, I got my renewed drivers. Took 7 days exactly.
I wonder how they wrote to my consultant and got a reply AND sent my license in the space of a week? Perhaps it was because I attached a letter saying I was 100% hypo aware and that I always test my blood before I drive. I think it helps to submit a thorough application.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I had my renewal recently. I filled in the form and sent it off on the Monday. The following Monday, I got my renewed drivers. Took 7 days exactly.
I wonder how they wrote to my consultant and got a reply AND sent my license in the space of a week? Perhaps it was because I attached a letter saying I was 100% hypo aware and that I always test my blood before I drive. I think it helps to submit a thorough application.

They don't write for every diabetic...

denbo

I ad to pay my go £100 the DVLA didn't pay but they pay their independant consultant before u get yr hgv licence back as long as theyvr satisfied with yr 3 mths readings and every other hoop u av to go through

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@spaceman IMHO the problem is not the EU per se, but how the bureaucrats on this side of the channel interpret & enforce it.
thank you for the information, since I got my medical for DVLA on the Friday I had to return the following Monday for a Blood test,got a letter today got to go tomorrow for a Ecg i mean its a joke now since when did you need a Blood test or even a Ecg for to renew a driving licence? and I'm only talking about a Renewal of a Driving licence for a Car