Eat KFC burger and now I am feeling tired and sleepy

Sameer

Eat KFC burger and now I am feeling tired and sleepy
What I did wrong ???
Should I take insulin before that
But that was not time for my insulin
I am doing something wrong here !!!
My insulin time will come after 1 hour of eating I eat as a snack not dinner time !!!
Thankyou

Newly diagnosed taking insulin novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 units at night , have issues in late night snack very lazy always get high sugar in morning from 130 to 140

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re: Eat KFC burger and now I am feeling tired and sleepy

Sameer you are on a twice daily insulin regime and need to take the insulin at the correct times.
Unfortunately your 'snack' is really too big to be a snack. A KFC fillet burger has 440 calories, it has 48grams of carbohydrates. That might be just about be OK for a meal (though not the healthiest meal),taken as a snack and not at the right time for your insulin it will send your glucose levels up and that might make you sleepy. Did you test when you were sleepy and find out how high your levels were?

I wonder if this site might help you. It is from Diabetes India.
(I noticed that you wrote about Channa Dahl the other night so I've rather assumed that it might be helpful, sorry if it's not appropriate )
Here is a sample menu for a 1800 calorie diet

http://www.diabetesindia.com/diabetes/s ... u1800n.htm
Elsewhere on the site they show you how to use the exchange diet
It tells you how many portions of each type of food you should eat at each meal and how big the portion sizes should be. It isn't specifically for people on insulin and you still might have to make some adjustments to either the diet or with the help of your doctor your insulin dose but it might be a start.
You have to work out your calorie needs from your height and weight and then go to the chart that applies for the number of calories a day that they suggest.
Under the charts are tabs that link to the exchange lists.
A midmorning snack for example might be a fruit exchange. If you click on the fruit tab it tells you how big a portion you can eat of your chosen fruit.

It is a relatively high carbohydrate diet compared to what many people eat on this forum but a lot of the carbohydrates in it are from pulses (ie lentils/chickpeas etc ) which are very low on the glycemic index and have a lot of fibre. The cereal list does include bread and chapattis etc It's probably not a good idea to choose white bread, much better to use very grainy bread but personally I would think it even better to more often choose chapattis/roti made with besan/gram flour (much more healthy)
It has suggestions for both vegetarian and non vegetarian Indian diets.
http://www.diabetesindia.com/diabetes/r ... eceips.htm

ian p

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Hi all I'm new to all this forum stuff, I'm a 27 yr old and have been type 1 for 4 yrs I've always been slightly underweight is there a healthy way to gain weight? :s please help

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sameer.

Burgers are an unknown quantity since you don't really know what is in them. The joke would be if I mentioned horse but that would be healthy. They have flour in them to help them bind together. Lots of prepared food has flour in it.

If you must have KFC (I often do) then eat the portions of Original Recipe which actually have chicken in them.

AMBrennan

Burgers are an unknown quantity since you don't really know what is in them.
Nutritional information is probably listed on the reverse of that paper mat thingy. Or can easily be found online

Lots of prepared food has flour in it.
Yep, because it's cheap. For example, KFC chicken pieces are covered in batter

I'm presuming you are a type1 diabetic ? So why don't you just take a injection when you are going to eat ?
As OP mentioned he is on mixed insulin which means that he has to stick to fixed size meals at fixed times. If you find that difficult to stick to then you should talk to your doctor about the possibility of a different insulin regime.

Sameer

Thankyou soo much for everyone for all the great details blesses to have this forum with you guys !!!

1st of all my insulin time was after 1 hour I took the burger so how can I take it before that !!

2nd is when I was feeling sleepy and tired I checked my BS it was in normal range like 150 isn't that strange !?????

Can I change my dose so when ever I eat I take a bit of my insulin ???

Pls guide thanks

Newly diagnosed taking insulin novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 units at night , have issues in late night snack very lazy always get high sugar in morning from 130 to 140