Eating what you want when the conditions are right

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Had a wonderful eating experience last night. I was doing some tasks that required a lot of physical energy so when I tested myself before going to bed I was 4.8. Usually I like hitting the 7s before bed because under normal circumstances I drop a couple of points in the morning and if it's low enough you have the "dawn" phenom to deal with

So the conditions were right - it was time for a nice food item/dish. As berries are in season
I cut up half a bowl of strawberries, two hand fulls of blue berries, a tablespoon of brown sugar and two table spoons of Greek Yogurt. I mixed it all up and ate it. It was pure heaven - a wonderful treat and a very enjoyable eating experience. I went to bed with a smile and this morning I was 3.9.

Just love it when things turn out that way.

theoldfunker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a wonderful eating experience last night. I was doing some tasks that required a lot of physical energy so when I tested myself before going to bed I was 4.8. Usually I like hitting the 7s before bed because under normal circumstances I drop a couple of points in the morning and if it's low enough you have the "dawn" phenom to deal with

So the conditions were right - it was time for a nice food item/dish. As berries are in season
I cut up half a bowl of strawberries, two hand fulls of blue berries, a tablespoon of brown sugar and two table spoons of Greek Yogurt. I mixed it all up and ate it. It was pure heaven - a wonderful treat and a very enjoyable eating experience. I went to bed with a smile and this morning I was 3.9.

Just love it when things turn out that way.
I thought I was being naughty but I do treat myself now and again when I've had a full on day and I can get away with it. So I agree spoil yourself if you can.