END OF WEEK 8 & END OF NEWCASTLE DIET

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know how I missed the end result.
What astonishing results. Surely some of the best results in 8 weeks seen!
You should be very proud - I myself am finding doing it really hard and trying to keep motivated almost impossible.

To get to the end med free when you were on the cusp on Insulin, amazing! Well done.

Reactions: Polgara

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't know how I missed the end result.
What astonishing results. Surely some of the best results in 8 weeks seen!
You should be very proud - I myself am finding doing it really hard and trying to keep motivated almost impossible.

To get to the end med free when you were on the cusp on Insulin, amazing! Well done.
Thanks Fleegle, as I have mentioned, you were partly responsible for helping me get through the 8 weeks and for that I thank you.
Hopefully this will help motivate you when you look at Peerless's success particularly and see what you can achieve.
By God it's not a say but it's worth it in the end.
Keep up the fight for YOUR health Fleegle

Reactions: Fleegle

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gracious! How did i miss this wonderful thread? Well done!

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Stupendous work!
On top of wishing you all the best for yourself and your future, we should also thank you for putting your case and data out there- it's valuable data for the whole diabetic community.
Top banana indeed!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Definitely. It all helps.
I wish I could do the same when I did mine in 1986. No internet for me then and I was terrified of doing a diary incase my nieve family thought it was an eating disorder.
I remember what I used and how much but don't have a copy of milkshake nutrients. I wonder if I contacted weilder if they would be able to supply it?
Great shakes for bodybuilders. I lost 7st approx in a few months of doing it. Only shame is I had no follow up plan. It was all readded a few decades later. My exams were a breeze thou. I stormed them. I'd never been more clear headed in my life.
My son needs the same. I think I'll suggest it. Dietician won't be happy thou. I'll think about it carefully first.

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Peerless
Went to the Dr with results of bloods taken and he was gobsmacked!
Since, I have been trying Low carb with poor results at first. I think I took the High Fat part of LCHF too literally.
My weight and BG elevated. Am now 14st 5lbs and bloods up to around 11.5
Can’t get my head wrapped around what I should’ve be doing on LCHF.
I.e. how many carbs, what to target fat wise, protein wise. When it says “10g of carbs of whisk 2g is sugars” do I take the 2g figure or 10g figure when counting carbs?

I am going to go back to the ND for a week or two to get myself back to where I was at end of week 8 and try and get as much info as I can ready to relaunch onto LCHF

@peerless - your posts make great reading. I’m sort of proud of ya!
To read your success has inspired me once again and given me the strength to re-group and get back on the horse.

Reactions: Freema and Serena51

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Peerless
Since, I have been trying Low carb with poor results at first. I think I took the High Fat part of LCHF too literally.
I.e. how many carbs, what to target fat wise, protein wise. When it says “10g of carbs of whisk 2g is sugars” do I take the 2g figure or 10g figure when counting carbs?

I am going to go back to the ND for a week or two to get myself back to where I was at end of week 8 and try and get as much info as I can ready to relaunch onto LCHF

To read your success has inspired me once again and given me the strength to re-group and get back on the horse.

The weight back on is the killer.
Get back on the Newcastle, drop those two stone back off again, and you'll be back down.

Don't get hung up on fat.
Eat healthy, keep the weight off, job's a good 'un.

Reactions: Freema

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Peerless

Hi @Muzzer,

First of all, congrats on your success. When eating low carbs, you should count total carbs, just ignore the "of which sugars" part.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Muzzer,

First of all, congrats on your success. When eating low carbs, you should count total carbs, just ignore the "of which sugars" part.

Mate, two stone back on, more than just watching carbs here.
Unless that is a junk food pure carb diet, I'd say needs a bit more then blaming just carbs.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @jcbman,

I empathize with your frustration. Putting back on weight after having lost it on the Newcastle diet must be tough -- but am sure you can lose it again.

Maybe you could try watching calories in addition to carbs and going with naturally occuring fats (rather than going high fat).

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @jcbman,

I empathize with your frustration. Putting back on weight after having lost it on the Newcastle diet must be tough -- but am sure you can lose it again.

Maybe you could try watching calories in addition to carbs and going with naturally occuring fats (rather than going high fat).

Not me, the op.
started at 15st 2lbs
cracked it at 12st 6.75lbs after the Newcastle diet.
now 14st 5lb after LCHF follow up.

As you say mate, high fat can be a killer.
I get on the old scales, if they are going wrong, I eat less, until they're back were they should be.
And eating less for me, doesn't mean less carbs, more fat.
It all finishes up on my belly.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Professor Taylor said something like eating needs to be around 75% (of the original amounts eaten, someone will correct me if wrong) and that exercise is important for maintenance. So it appears if the ND protocol is followed calorie counting counts as a new "set" point is made - this is my interpretation.

A few days ago I read a thread where someone's weight had stalled; to kick start weight loss on LCHF the person increased their fat.

If you either know what you were eating religiously after the ND, it could be 1 element that doesn't work for you, which needs dropping, such as butter, milk, cheese, olive oil, avocodos as examples. You may need to be super attentive once you get back in the 12's and measure weight and foods everyday for a while, you'll nail it permanently, as you stuck to the ND.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Professor Taylor said something like eating needs to be around 75% (of the original amounts eaten, someone will correct me if wrong) and that exercise is important for maintenance. So it appears if the ND protocol is followed calorie counting counts as a new "set" point is made - this is my interpretation.

A few days ago I read a thread where someone's weight had stalled; to kick start weight loss on LCHF the person increased their fat.

If you either know what you were eating religiously after the ND, it could be 1 element that doesn't work for you, which needs dropping, such as butter, milk, cheese, olive oil, avocodos as examples. You may need to be super attentive once you get back in the 12's and measure weight and foods everyday for a while, you'll nail it permanently, as you stuck to the ND.

No idea on the counting stuff.
I just know a big plate, too often, weight goes up, gut goes up with it.
I know the fix is a smaller plate.
Then again, I've knocked the snacks on the head too.
I don't need to mess around with anything other than eating less, and watching the belt, and the scales.

But you're right though, if you can do the ND, you can get back down easily again.