1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

ESA outcome

Discussion in 'Benefits' started by Pammy_50, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Pammy_50

Pammy_50 Type 1 · Active Member

Hi
    Could anyone please advise me I have today received outcome of my assessment DWP have placed me in work focused group?
    I have a job currently not working due to pancreatic tumour surgery some 1 2mnts ago providing both employers and Dwp with 3mnts sicknote.
    I struggle daily with ongoing issues from surgery plus unstable diabetes as newly diagnosed can anyone please suggest what I could do struggle to get out of bed on worse days feeling low and can't walk far due to pain.
    This is all very new to me.
    Thank you x

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Perhaps you need to point out to them that you are off sick, not out of work - they seem to have you in the wrong category entirely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Pammy_50

Hi Resurgam
    I did tell them I have contacted welfare benefits who have informed me I will need to ask for review with decision but in the mean time I still need to attend work activity group or lose money.
    I need support to get to places and have support from my career struggle with appointments due to attending so many with illness.
    Really feel like saying keep benefit not worth the stress.
    Thank you for advice x

4. dbr10

dbr10 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That's what they want. I go to a diabetic support group where someone had an appeal today. Haven't found out how it went yet.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pammy_50

Your so right dbr10 but the whole process wears you down when you are trying to come to terms with diagnosis and illness.
    If I could work I would have returned to my job before now worked hard to achieve my job status and position.
    Thank you for your input very much appreciated x

• Like Like x 1
  6. dbr10

dbr10 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You're welcome. I know the group member is in a very bad way physically, being treated for depression, and this is the last thing he needs.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook