ESA outcome

Pammy_50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
Could anyone please advise me I have today received outcome of my assessment DWP have placed me in work focused group?
I have a job currently not working due to pancreatic tumour surgery some 1 2mnts ago providing both employers and Dwp with 3mnts sicknote.
I struggle daily with ongoing issues from surgery plus unstable diabetes as newly diagnosed can anyone please suggest what I could do struggle to get out of bed on worse days feeling low and can't walk far due to pain.
This is all very new to me.
Thank you x

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps you need to point out to them that you are off sick, not out of work - they seem to have you in the wrong category entirely.

Pammy_50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Perhaps you need to point out to them that you are off sick, not out of work - they seem to have you in the wrong category entirely.
Hi Resurgam
I did tell them I have contacted welfare benefits who have informed me I will need to ask for review with decision but in the mean time I still need to attend work activity group or lose money.
I need support to get to places and have support from my career struggle with appointments due to attending so many with illness.
Really feel like saying keep benefit not worth the stress.
Thank you for advice x

Reactions: gvintagedrken

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Resurgam
I did tell them I have contacted welfare benefits who have informed me I will need to ask for review with decision but in the mean time I still need to attend work activity group or lose money.
I need support to get to places and have support from my career struggle with appointments due to attending so many with illness.
Thank you for advice x
That's what they want. I go to a diabetic support group where someone had an appeal today. Haven't found out how it went yet.

Pammy_50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's what they want. I go to a diabetic support group where someone had an appeal today. Haven't found out how it went yet.
Your so right dbr10 but the whole process wears you down when you are trying to come to terms with diagnosis and illness.
If I could work I would have returned to my job before now worked hard to achieve my job status and position.
Thank you for your input very much appreciated x

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your so right dbr10 but the whole process wears you down when you are trying to come to terms with diagnosis and illness.
If I could work I would have returned to my job before now worked hard to achieve my job status and position.
Thank you for your input very much appreciated x
You're welcome. I know the group member is in a very bad way physically, being treated for depression, and this is the last thing he needs.

Lyndsay444

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Resurgam
Thank you for advice x

Next time your due to have a ESA appointment ring them about a week before and tell them you need a telephone appointment as you health makes attending in person difficult.
I did that following spinal surgery.
It really helped
Most people are not aware you can even do this.
Good luck