Ever increasing list of ailments

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Enlarged heart, hyper-inflated lungs, heart murmur, palitations, breathless, swollen ankles/feet/hands. Gall stone (22mm!!) Egfr down. High blood pressure (now on tablets) Chronic allergies. Asthma. On a plus note the Doc says my diabetes is well controlled. I feel like ***** most days though. :'(

Reactions: Freema

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh and menopausal, hypermobile (massive joint pain making it hard to walk far) If i was a dog they would put me to sleep! :(

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I hear you. I too have a list as long as my arm, mostly autoimmune. The (also well controlled) diabetes is just the cherry on the cake I can no longer eat. Then along comes someone that says "why aren't you working? You look just fine" or my personal favorite "How do you live like that?". Well what other choice is there? If I could fix it don't you think I would? Makes you want to scream. Well I am listening to you and sending you a big hug.

Reactions: Salvia and Freema

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hear you. I too have a list as long as my arm, mostly autoimmune. The (also well controlled) diabetes is just the cherry on the cake I can no longer eat. Then along comes someone that says "why aren't you working? You look just fine" or my personal favorite "How do you live like that?". Well what other choice is there? If I could fix it don't you think I would? Makes you want to scream. Well I am listening to you and sending you a big hug.

Thank you, and back at ya [[hugs]] xx

Reactions: Freema and chalup

sd29

Hate to play ailment top trumps, but with T1 diabetes, stage 4 CKD, severe anorexia, peripheral neuropathy, autonomic neuropathy, glaucoma, asthma, IBD, depression and anxiety, GERD and a bad case of the grumps, I hear you!

The way I see it, my old age is going to be a breeze. I've already had the cataracts done, have mastered the Zimmer frame and am a whizz on a mobility scooter!

There is always going to be someone worse off than me, even when I'm having a 'sofa slug' day. I'm still here, I'm still smiling, and even though it's a different life to the one I dreamt of, I'm not sure if swap it. A strange thing to say, maybe, but I've learnt a lot about myself, and others through it all, and although it grinds me down, it could be worse, because I have hope. Little victories, eh?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I don't want to bore you but, yes. A lot going on!
Hugs from me too.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Enlarged heart, hyper-inflated lungs, heart murmur, palitations, breathless, swollen ankles/feet/hands. Gall stone (22mm!!) Egfr down. High blood pressure (now on tablets) Chronic allergies. Asthma. On a plus note the Doc says my diabetes is well controlled. I feel like ***** most days though. :'(

Hug to you sad you feel so bad Are you low carbing ?

Reactions: shellysexbomb

Mep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
yep I can relate (put my other conditions in my signature). This week I just got told I now have a bulging disc in my back (had a CT scan on Monday and got told on Thursday). ugh. I'm still working part time and trying to keep up with things... exhausting though. People can hear I'm sick with my burping and hoarse voice when it does work... other than that they probably just wonder why I'm always looking for a toilet.

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug to you sad you feel so bad Are you low carbing ?

No. Not even trying at the min, just eating whatever I want, whenever I want it, which leads me to confusion about the hba1c coming down and Doc patting me on the back. Of slight concern is the fact that whilst doing this I have lost 6kg too (honestly felt I should have gained knowing what I have been eating) I am mostly upbeat but have days where I feel normal activities are a tad difficult. Have to get on with it though! Thanks for the hugs and kind words everyone :) xxxx

Reactions: Mep

Mikd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have had Tp2 for 20 yrs, insulin for 10 yrs. I am 87 and have had two AMI's 31 years ago. Diagnosed with IPF (Google it!) four years ago so past my "use-by" date. Just had the second cataract operation and can see as clearly as I could when 21! If only taste,smell,lungs and hearing could be fixed as easily! Never mind, I have a wonderful wife, 5 kids, 13 grandkids, 11 gr/grandkids and feel lucky to be alive. As a Christian, I know where I am going, but in no particular hurry to get there! Perhaps we all have a survival instinct!

Reactions: Mep

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
yep I can relate (put my other conditions in my signature). This week I just got told I now have a bulging disc in my back (had a CT scan on Monday and got told on Thursday). ugh. I'm still working part time and trying to keep up with things... exhausting though. People can hear I'm sick with my burping and hoarse voice when it does work... other than that they probably just wonder why I'm always looking for a toilet.
Any improvement with bulging disc hun? What help have you received?
After fridays angiogram I'm hoping to get my back sorted. I'm nieve to back problems. I'm hoping.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Any improvement with bulging disc hun? What help have you received?
After fridays angiogram I'm hoping to get my back sorted. I'm nieve to back problems. I'm hoping.

I'm getting physio. Although on Wednesday this week I was in a reasonably serious car accident. My car is probably a write off. I've just got out of the state major trauma unit here a couple of hours ago. So in answer to your question there isn't any improvement now. I'm so sore. They found I had myocardial contusion and pericardial effusion.... basically my heart took a beating on impact and slightly bruised. So will see how I go. My doc and physio aren't going to be impressed with this news... feels like all my physio's hard work has been undone. ugh.

Last edited: