1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Ever increasing list of ailments

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by shellysexbomb, Mar 13, 2017.

1. shellysexbomb

shellysexbomb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Enlarged heart, hyper-inflated lungs, heart murmur, palitations, breathless, swollen ankles/feet/hands. Gall stone (22mm!!) Egfr down. High blood pressure (now on tablets) Chronic allergies. Asthma. On a plus note the Doc says my diabetes is well controlled. I feel like shite most days though. :'(

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. shellysexbomb

Oh and menopausal, hypermobile (massive joint pain making it hard to walk far) If i was a dog they would put me to sleep! :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. chalup

chalup Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I hear you. I too have a list as long as my arm, mostly autoimmune. The (also well controlled) diabetes is just the cherry on the cake I can no longer eat. Then along comes someone that says "why aren't you working? You look just fine" or my personal favorite "How do you live like that?". Well what other choice is there? If I could fix it don't you think I would? Makes you want to scream. Well I am listening to you and sending you a big hug.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. shellysexbomb

Thank you, and back at ya [[hugs]] xx

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. sd29

sd29 · Well-Known Member

Hate to play ailment top trumps, but with T1 diabetes, stage 4 CKD, severe anorexia, peripheral neuropathy, autonomic neuropathy, glaucoma, asthma, IBD, depression and anxiety, GERD and a bad case of the grumps, I hear you!

The way I see it, my old age is going to be a breeze. I've already had the cataracts done, have mastered the Zimmer frame and am a whizz on a mobility scooter!

There is always going to be someone worse off than me, even when I'm having a 'sofa slug' day. I'm still here, I'm still smiling, and even though it's a different life to the one I dreamt of, I'm not sure if swap it. A strange thing to say, maybe, but I've learnt a lot about myself, and others through it all, and although it grinds me down, it could be worse, because I have hope. Little victories, eh?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  6. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

I don't want to bore you but, yes. A lot going on!
    Hugs from me too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  7. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hug to you sad you feel so bad Are you low carbing ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Mep

Mep Type 2 · Well-Known Member

yep I can relate (put my other conditions in my signature). This week I just got told I now have a bulging disc in my back (had a CT scan on Monday and got told on Thursday). ugh. I'm still working part time and trying to keep up with things... exhausting though. People can hear I'm sick with my burping and hoarse voice when it does work... other than that they probably just wonder why I'm always looking for a toilet.

• Hug Hug x 2
  9. shellysexbomb

No. Not even trying at the min, just eating whatever I want, whenever I want it, which leads me to confusion about the hba1c coming down and Doc patting me on the back. Of slight concern is the fact that whilst doing this I have lost 6kg too (honestly felt I should have gained knowing what I have been eating) I am mostly upbeat but have days where I feel normal activities are a tad difficult. Have to get on with it though! Thanks for the hugs and kind words everyone :) xxxx

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook